What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Felt weird to go buy parts from the GM dealer. Welcome to Ram Jet life! She’s getting plugs , wires, fuel filter and an oil change. I noticed one of my plug wires is missing a big chunk of insulation and thinking this might be why it revs a bit rough around 3K rpms. Add to it one of the wires wasn’t completely popped onto a plug.....

24C22273-D1FB-4178-AFCC-AB66971201BF.jpeg

Started with the Saginaw PS upgrade, then new Manifold gaskets, then a Jim C desmog and now finishing up the Holley Sniper EFI kit. Can't wait to get her tuned and fired up!

61167749328__B6649EBC-25B3-4BED-983B-A66C2A099E31.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

Awesome premium "everything you need" Holley Sniper kit and advice from @FJ60Cam. Highly recommend!

Finished up installing the new to me low-ish mile 80 series box after @OTRAMM helped knock of the pitman arms Wednesday afternoon. I disassembled it last Saturday and it snapped the puller I was using :doh:

Huuuuge improvement in on center feel and lack of play. The adjustment nut on my old box was rusted on so never got to take out any slack then it puked gear oil everywhere anyway.

Dropped straight in after swapping pitman arms. Only one minor mod is needed which is to notch the u joint shield a bit. I still need to do that and adjust the wheel as it’s off center about 1-2 inches.

I paid extremely close attention to lining things up and the relay rod dropped right into the pitman arm. I’m guessing the play in the wheel on the previous box when used as a reference point might have caused it. Think I can just disconnect and move the collar where the shaft goes into the box over 1 tooth.
A63E265B-AF98-4E67-AAB9-C8DBC3765B0A.jpeg
7771F797-0E4C-4153-B502-E785E4DE9C02.jpeg
76493776-4D4C-43B8-91E7-F455238CBACE.jpeg

Who wants a nice frothy ATF/power steering flush daiquiri 😂
27ABB916-A032-41B3-9E4D-A9555F649D3C.jpeg

lookin’ fresh
CEC79700-0804-485E-8F5E-0D9C15BF1A87.jpeg

don’t worry, I did put in a new cotter pin #safetyfirst

Loaded (5) 6x6x10 pressure treated post on the roof rack I had built. Handle the load just fine, plenty stout. I wouldn’t want to perform any evasive maneuvers with that load up there. All in all very pleased.

709442DC-DFFF-414B-848D-5D78E84B7823.jpeg

Was that guy at the AAA DMV counter (1.5) and I got my Temporary Operating Permit so I can work on getting my emissions fixed as well as my regear and locker install. Spent the day changing fluids, discovered that the transmission is much quieter with new 90w and actually filled to the appropriate level(opps) as well as the t-case. Feels good to have the 60 on the road again after 2 years of sitting.

Installed OEM license plate housing over a year ago. Lights never worked, didn't super care. Read @dad4x4's post about how he received same license plate housing and that it was shipped with 24V Bulbs. Found out I had the same situation, got replacement bulbs from advance auto parts and here we are. Wish i swapped out bulbs prior to housing installation. nice simple victory.
Next on agenda some body work.
1590453813393.png

Installed OEM license plate housing over a year ago. Lights never worked, didn't super care. Read @dad4x4's post about how he received same license plate housing and that it was shipped with 24V Bulbs. Found out I had the same situation, got replacement bulbs from advance auto parts and here we are. Wish i swapped out bulbs prior to housing installation. nice simple victory.
Next on agenda some body work.
View attachment 2318963
Glad you got it working. I’ll get you the part number you asked for.

My lights on my 83 are very dim...wondering if switching out the wiring harness and headlights with this kit would brighten me up? How do they perform? were they easy to install with the directions?

100% They will. They are super easy to install. They perform great. There is no reason to not do this since the cost vs the benefit is there. $54 from your local Toyota Dealer. It even comes with zip ties. :D

100% They will. They are super easy to install. They perform great. There is no reason to not do this since the cost vs the benefit is there. $54 from your local Toyota Dealer. It even comes with zip ties. :D
Is that each?
Or the set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom