What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that a custom cut rear seat floor mat?
Yes, Cruiser Corp. They have front, back and rear. Good quality and great protection for my new carpet

59036550719__E5295403-9F01-4994-AB26-27AC0D16F45E.jpeg

Suspension refresh coming soon, as in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to @cruiseroutfit for the excellent service.
I got my 80 axle last weekend.

20190917_134344-jpg.2087849

It's not actually as pretty as it looks, they sprayed it with paint before I arrived which now makes rust treatment a bit more difficult. Needs brakes. I'm thinking I will go with the Cruiseroutfitters leaf refresh for the rear and an 80 series coil kit for the front from Torfab.

I was wondering, I am in the process of grinding off the "bolts", or studs, not sure what you call them, that hold the rear C channel in the frame (they aren't threaded, they are like giant rivets). because it's rusted out and I got a new pair. Three of these also hold the rear shackle bracket to the frame so when I cut those off I can see the shackle going flying and/or the frame falling down since I'm supporting the vehicle under the axle. I guess I'll put in support under the frame as well. But my question is, those rivets seem pretty flimsy for holding the entire rear end of the suspension leaves, I wonder if I should add some welds onto it in addition to the new bolts that came with the C channel kit? But I've never heard of the rear shackle brackets shearing off so I guess it's not a problem.

I guess that's why Shaun Whale on 4WD Action in Australia retired his dirty 30 (60 series with body chop) because everything started fatigue cracking. The 80 seems to have beefier mounts for everything using welds, not rivets.

Does anyone know the part number of that plastic cover that goes in to cover the hole?

Not mine, but pulled a 2F for a project my son is doing for another cruiser dude. He unfortunately did not tighten his oil filter and seized up the motor. Will get it to a machine shop to see what can be done with it. This is a really nice 60 out of the Washington area.
C3AA3ACA-BCBD-4A9D-8726-0021EED2C8C7.jpeg
7AE207E1-43C2-4259-9E44-B6CF4295C401.jpeg

What’s the big deal on the 4Runner wipers?
They’re stiffer and don’t chatter. I haven’t done the upgrade myself but am looking forward to doing it soon. Driving in the rain and especially snow sucks with crappy blades and wiper arms. I have always struggled with streaking and chattering if it’s not a torrential downpour. And in the snow I get a lot piled up at the ends of the blades. It could be the tension in the springs is wearing out and doesn’t keep the blades pulled tight against the glass. I think it’s easier to get modern style blades that fit the 4Runner arms too.

Washed it and got it tidied up. Nice and clean. Took it to a local car show:

IMG_4901.jpg

There was some mix up with my entry and the location so got there late and got a crappy spot. But was the only 60 series there. Found a cool little 70's Corolla so moved it next to it.

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

More of a muscle car crowd as these things tend to go. I did not know what to expect but was a good time kill for a Texas Saturday morning. Saw a few K5 blazers there but mostly just typical hot rod muscle car fodder. I think folks appreciated seeing something different in my 60 series so glad I went.

IMG_4911.jpg

Added a new ARB Roof rack

IMG_1925.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom