What did you do with your 60 this weekend?

What’s the big deal on the 4Runner wipers?
They’re stiffer and don’t chatter. I haven’t done the upgrade myself but am looking forward to doing it soon. Driving in the rain and especially snow sucks with crappy blades and wiper arms. I have always struggled with streaking and chattering if it’s not a torrential downpour. And in the snow I get a lot piled up at the ends of the blades. It could be the tension in the springs is wearing out and doesn’t keep the blades pulled tight against the glass. I think it’s easier to get modern style blades that fit the 4Runner arms too.

Robert Franzke

SILVER Star
Washed it and got it tidied up. Nice and clean. Took it to a local car show:

IMG_4901.jpg

There was some mix up with my entry and the location so got there late and got a crappy spot. But was the only 60 series there. Found a cool little 70's Corolla so moved it next to it.

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

More of a muscle car crowd as these things tend to go. I did not know what to expect but was a good time kill for a Texas Saturday morning. Saw a few K5 blazers there but mostly just typical hot rod muscle car fodder. I think folks appreciated seeing something different in my 60 series so glad I went.

IMG_4911.jpg

My new 88 had a hesitation and a 71 egr code so I desmogged it today. She runs like a champ now! Also adjusted the transmission kick down cable and last week changed every fluid in it. Still have to pull the smog pump, have the belt to do it but ran out of time.
20190928_133908.jpg
20190928_133934.jpg

Top Bottom