What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kayaked with the alligators. Then it rained on us. Wife took this picture.
View attachment 2017615
I took this one.
View attachment 2017616.

I think she wins.
20181124_101942.jpg

Caddo Lake?

I finally bit the bullet and adjusted the valves, all of which were quite tight (except #6 intake, which was perfect).

No thanks to the previous owner who, instead of buying the correct valve cover gasket, just gave 'er with the silicone.

Anyway, it's a completely different truck after the valve adjustment! I'm amazed.

As I am wishing I was camping, hiking, flyfishing, kayaking and driving sweet rust free truck I started making these...because the stock J pipe refuses to be leak free so EGR system is no longer my friend...npt bung on order..

BB2A4A92-193E-4D02-9021-2F951E1FFF4E.jpeg

Went wheeling with 3 sons, daughter in law and 2 grandkids. Let my son lead in one area in his 83 Bronco, Broncosaurus, and got stuck in the slop on the edge of a pond. Took 2 hours to get out of that mess at the cost of his driver door and mirror caved in and broken off, both my driver side doors caved in. Thankfully, no mechanical break downs. Hard work winching and jacking out, but had a memorable time!

spent the week of the 4th off the grid up in North Cascades National Park

learned that the cruiser desperately needs leaf springs/shocks, etc... spent a week on wash board gravel roads and gawd it was awful! this is the next chunk of cash to drop into the truck....all new suspension.

Great little grocery store in Mazama Washington - bought frozen sausages on the 4th...and to defrost them - I put all that 3FE waste heat to good use.

worked perfectly!

Finally took apart the wiper relay, cleaned, and lubed. Now I have intermittent, AND they park!! Why I went all winter, and waited until summer to do this? I have no good answer... But my neighbors probably thought I was nuts spraying the hose on my windshield and dancing around happily watching intermittent wipers work for the first time.

Had a bad bouncing idle, couldn't pin point it, ran through the test for the TPS. Got no results on the first step, so went through the adjustments (Loosen TPS rotate til you get ohms). Figured out my TPS is shot, so I ordered a new one, although... it idles fine now. Still fails the ohms tests, but idles fine. I dunno.

$264 shipped from rock auto. Yes, it’s converted to 134 as well.
Charged it up at work today. Took a little trial and error since the R12 to R134 conversion amount differences aren’t set in stone. Pressures were best with only 1lb of R134, and it blows 40 degrees at about 1500RPM. Its approx. 110 outside today, too.

D8002447-02CE-46BB-B778-1F3AA3C67807.jpeg

Charged it up at work today. Took a little trial and error since the R12 to R134 conversion amount differences aren’t set in stone. Pressures were best with only 1lb of R134, and it blows 40 degrees at about 1500RPM. Its approx. 110 outside today, too.

View attachment 2026184
What hub caps do you have in front? I am trying to find chrome ones with enough length. Those look great.

spent the week of the 4th off the grid up in North Cascades National Park
View attachment 2023980
learned that the cruiser desperately needs leaf springs/shocks, etc... spent a week on wash board gravel roads and gawd it was awful! this is the next chunk of cash to drop into the truck....all new suspension.

Great little grocery store in Mazama Washington - bought frozen sausages on the 4th...and to defrost them - I put all that 3FE waste heat to good use.

View attachment 2023983
worked perfectly!

Did you head up Hart’s Pass Road?

Did you head up Hart’s Pass Road?
sure did!! got intermittent views of mt baker to the west and rainier to the south. hiked up to slate peak. but clouds were rolling and the scene changes fast.

also - this odd buick lesabre abandoned up there with trash and rodent chewed bags of food and mississippi plates.

only 20 miles from canada - my guess is someone dumped it and left the country

9F65AA09-07EA-4F4A-88C9-92792EEE2594.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom