What did you do with your 60 this weekend?

Drove it. perks of having a take home patrol car is I never leave my house. While driving it I got acceleration stumbling. Gotta trouble shoot it. I am going to try cranking the fuel pressure from 47 to 60ish PSI. I turned it down to try and save some fuel but I dont think it did anything except cause backfiring. I also need to send off my third member to @OTRAMM for a rebuild so I can have my locker and 4wd back to match my gearing and locker in the front. I also need to order or fix my headers as they cracked at the Y pipe and rumble like a hot rod with no muffler, which sounds cool in theory until you have to drive at a speed over 35mph

DickM

SILVER Star

Finished the remote power door lock install. A cheap RF control unit, 4 fj62 actuators/latches from @MrMacdugal , a couple of relays powered off of the fridge power distribution block located in the rear panel, a bunch of wire, a few grommets, and some wire loom.
Not difficult, but time consuming tearing 4 doors apart and pulling trim to route wires.
door lock.jpg

cruisermatt

Florida Man
SILVER Star
Finished the remote power door lock install. A cheap RF control unit, 4 fj62 actuators/latches from @MrMacdugal , a couple of relays powered off of the fridge power distribution block located in the rear panel, a bunch of wire, a few grommets, and some wire loom.
Not difficult, but time consuming tearing 4 doors apart and pulling trim to route wires.
How does it work? My 62 locks have gotten to the point of barely working these days and I’m wanting to remedy.

DickM

SILVER Star

How does it work?
The locks are very "vigorous". They really jump hard. I think the key was using the relays to get good power to the actuator over 16 gauge wire. There is a pretty extensive thread on here about adding relays to the stock 62 system to juice it up.

Top Bottom