What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can keep the snow Jim. Sitting at 47° here with fog and drizzle. We did however recieve 5" of much needed rain since early Saturday morning.

I agree - moisture good / snow bad.

Our place is high enough to see way out over the Raton Basin. Over the last several days I've seen some big storms out in your direction. We got 0.9" of rain out of one of them.

IMG_0898.jpg
While going on a long highway test drive around the Valley (testing out LRA 40G fuel tank) I learned just how much my odometer is off with my relatively modest 31-inch tires!

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

Got the shop cleaned and organized for the start of our next 2 Saturday SOA party. Was planning on finishing the 80s teardown but had 2 emergency no water service calls.
View attachment 1805642
Today I finally picked up the 4plus bumper from @Rustic76. Toured his awesome collection of Landcruisers which was worth it by itself.
View attachment 1805643
It’s just been cluttering up the garage floor and had I just enough time to go and get it.
I’m View attachment 1805646
Got back to shop and was too excited to just drop off the bumper and leave. Got tools out and removed the old rivets and bracket for the stock bumper. Set the 4plus in its new home.
View attachment 1805645
Love that bumper!!

My dad took my 60 out to check out the colors and then sent me this photo while I was working in California... Can't tell if I am home sick or cruiser sick. :confused:
IMG_3353.JPG

Two things this last week.
First was new clutch and related parts. 20 years of service from when the original owner did the 350 swap in 98. Upgraded and corrected many "half a$$ed" things.
Second was install the @dnp carpet kit. Spent the day in the barn with @BombCity, thanks for the help Big Bro. This is one of the best improvements I have done. So much quieter now.
Many thanks to @CenTXFJ60 , @mcguirejohnson , @fl4031003 and all the folks at SAS #2 for this carpet kit.

View attachment 1806599

View attachment 1806600

View attachment 1806601

View attachment 1806602
Two things this last week.

Looks great @POTATO LAUNCHER. Love that rig!

I found myself in exhaust manifold purgatory. What a PITA. My manifolds are pretty out of whack. I'll have to go see Powderpig on monday. Glad I took the egr cooler apart though...

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

Last week I removed the FJ62 front bumper which I had temporarily installed on my '86 FJ60 before heading up to the 2018 Solid Axle Summit in Ouray. The bumper came from my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle and is going to a new home in Texas @Michael Hanson. I had the replacement Warn winch bumper parts powder coated earlier this summer @89BIGBLUE and was waiting on the last of the new stainless steel hardware to show up in yesterday's mail.

Warn-Winch-Bumper-Hardware.jpg

If the rain stops for a while I'll install the new bumper today, before the first snow of the season starts to accumulate tonight.

While waiting for the hardware my wife and I headed up to the mountains above town to soak in some nature.

The San Miguel Mountains, with the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque in the far right distance.

San-Miguel-Mountains.jpg

Pajarito Mountain, home to the local ski area.

Pajarito-Mountain.jpg

Redondo Peak, at 11,254 feet, the highest point in the NPS Valles Caldera National Preserve.

Redondo-Peak.jpg

The Valle Grande, largest of the valles in the Preserve, with Chicoma Peak in the background. Chicoma Peak, at 11,561 feet, is the highest point in the Jemez Mountains.

Valle-Grande.jpg

Next time we head up into the mountains it'll be in the '86 FJ60 :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom