What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well, I forgot about the windshield...BUT, you could undo enough of it to let it hang far enough to fit a wet wool blanket behind the welding area. pull the door trim and pillar trims and the headliner clips along the rails and unroll the headliner from the lip, then reach inside and free the bow from its socket and let it hang...around the windshield and cargo windows, it becomes more tricky, but can be done if one were determined. I think there would be enough sag with the bows let free to get to your spot...

Removed the rear bumper and crossmember. Poppy is awaiting her new custom bumpers.

J

IMG_20170616_120617552.jpg
IMG_20170616_120629361.jpg
IMG_20170616_123108137.jpg

Are there any posts on how to do this??
I performed the same rust repair on my 60 without removing the headliner. Check out the build thread in my signature line.

Made the drive to Silver Creek, Georgia, via I-66, I-81, I-40, I-75, and Hwy 41 and an overnight in Roanoke (if you ever spend a night in Roanoke, have a burger and beer at Jack Brown's). The Vortec did awesome, even with a kayak and paddleboard strapped to the roof. Of course, there were guns and beer waiting...
IMG_7677.jpg
IMG_7690.jpg

Whether shooting skeet, plinking targets, or just watching, hearing protection is important!

IMG_7693.jpg

I really like the size/feel of my Grant steering wheel but got sick of looking at the ugly chrome.

Scuffed it up and sprayed with a satin black. Finished it off with an old school TEQ horn button I found on eBay. The logo is kind of iridescent so it was tough to get a decent photo.

View attachment 1480985
View attachment 1480984

That looks awesome. I don't suppose you have a link to the same seller on eBay?

A couple of months ago, I found a great pair of 2005 BMW 325 seats on eBay, and the guy selling them was less than half an hour from my brother in Silver Creek. He picked them up for me, and we installed them on Saturday using a brand-new pair of BMW seat brackets from @torfab.

I followed @jawjatek's instructions for the hardware, using pretty much what he used and even ordered them from the same company. It was 30mm M10x1.5 round head hex bolts (grade 10,9), zinc plated steel flat washers for M10, and high-strength steel serrated flange locknuts. These worked like a champ.

As Torfab's instructions note, you may have to use a previously unused pre-threaded hole in the floor; I did (see pics). Overall, very easy to install and well worth the upgrade. Love these seats!

IMG_7683.jpg
IMG_7685.jpg
IMG_7687.jpg
IMG_7688.jpg

I've had some folks message me about the coolant temp with the new radiator in it. It's been idling in my bay at work with the A/C on high, with an outside temp of nearly 118F. FWIW, my factory gauge reads ever so slightly over 1/2

Also a pic of my trans temp with the Derale atomic cooler and fan setup I did last month.

IMG_3364.JPG

IMG_3365.JPG

Finally the stars aligned and I was;
A) Home
B) Had a gorgeous day &
C) Nothing else to do but enjoy a nice hand wash followed by refreshing the grill and headlight bezels.
I love those fun easy jobs that actually turn out fine instead of devolving into hours of heartache, stripped bolts, busted knuckles and hours of searching the internet for parts nobody carries anymore. Sometimes things are just good.

20170619_211420.jpg

Finally the stars aligned and I was;
A) Home
B) Had a gorgeous day &
C) Nothing else to do but enjoy a nice hand wash followed by refreshing the grill and headlight bezels.
I love those fun easy jobs that actually turn out fine instead of devolving into hours of heartache, stripped bolts, busted knuckles and hours of searching the internet for parts nobody carries anymore. Sometimes things are just good.

View attachment 1482487
I was just eyeballing my headlight bezels and remembering I need new screws and anchors; a bunch are broken or missing. Where'd you buy new ones? Thank! Felicity

I was just eyeballing my headlight bezels and remembering I need new screws and anchors; a bunch are broken or missing. Where'd you buy new ones? Thank! Felicity

Dealer still has, cheap to get as well.

90189-04069 Corner Lamp Mounting Screws (8)
90160-40002 Corner Lamp Mounting Grommets (8)
90154-50001 Headlight Door Mounting Screws (8)
90189-05013 Headlight Door Mounting Grommets (8)

Last edited:
I'm using a mix of original screws with a few replacements. If you're talking about the flat slide on clip anchors, I got a box set of anchors with screws at Harbor Freight for cheap and they actually work.

Wanted to see how well my green cruiser matched with turquoise blue.
IMG_5960.JPG
IMG_5961.JPG
IMG_5963.JPG

IMG_5962.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom