What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you have a link or some info on how you attached the rear rocker protection? that's a 4plus bumper right. i've been wanting to do something similar but haven't seen how anyone has gone about it. sweet looking truck

edit. closer look.... not a 4plus bumper. still interested in how the body protection is mounted

Pretty sure its an ARB, picked up a 62 a few years back and had all the ARB goodies. I think there should be a pic in my build? I send ya one..

:cheers:

Dang, that cityracer carb looks good! Wish I would have bought one a month ago when I was debating on trollhole, cityracer, and then a JimC rebuild.

Did you have to buy the spacer they recommended for the factory air cleaner to fit?

For my FJ60 I didn't need it.

For my 40 I have a Trollhole and City Racer spacer. It's a mutt and needed it.

For my 55 I have City Racer and Spacer.

It's so clean. I love it. After reading that thread it looks like I need to add the AC idle up stuff and cap a bunch of vacuum ports.

Recently I added a city racer oem vcv and vented my distributor properly (stopped blowing off my vcv vacuum hose about once a month) added dual stebel air horns with a blue sea 12 circuit fuse box, dual stainless battery trays, some arb knock off lights and had my rear driveshaft rebuilt.

Light picture is amazon stark led h4 bulbs in Hella housings, bottom is only the arb knock off fogs.

Still running like a champ and being daily driven.

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

Got some pretty nice glamour shots of the 60 in front of some cool old military buildings from the 1940's.
IMG_5761.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

I thought beige was my favorite color until I saw the green. That 60 is sharp.

Took it for a drive around the south west corner of Western Australia yesterday, then scratched the surface of a couple of roof / gutter rust spots today.... wish I just went for a drive....
Unsure of how far to go with the rust repairs... On my last 60 I caught the roof lining on fire when welding in new steel....

IMG_3652.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

A couple weeks ago I did a pre run for our 4x4 club. Today was the actual run. The run went from Big Pine, Ca., south through the White Mountains to Independence, Ca. We had a wide variety of vehicles,15 total. Toyota's were represented well with 2 FJ60s and 2 FJ Cruisers. Enjoy the pics.

056.JPG

066.JPG

073.JPG

075.JPG

071.JPG

pulling the headliner (at least to the cargo glass) isn't too difficult...well worth your time and effort to do before welding this one up!

Nice work on the radiator. BTW, the master switch is still available from Toyota (shockingly)..... just sayin. ;)
Haha good to know! It seems like I have to do it once every couple of months now, but I've got it down to about 25min start to finish. Being that it's going to be 110+ here every day for the next few months, they'll be staying up and won't get much use.

I really like the size/feel of my Grant steering wheel but got sick of looking at the ugly chrome.

Scuffed it up and sprayed with a satin black. Finished it off with an old school TEQ horn button I found on eBay. The logo is kind of iridescent so it was tough to get a decent photo.

IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2238.JPG

T case on the bench in a lot of pieces. Monday I'll pull old races and press new ones on.
The case parts will get cleaned somewhere, don't know where yet. Will get new clutch too.
Pics later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom