What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

was wearing my north face t shirt this weekend too. i went out loaded with kids crap out to a friends cabin. fishing, canoeing/kayaking , biking, etc. all the good stuff that makes for a good family weekend. my son reeled in his first two walleye (he's hooked a bunch of fish but i've reeled them all in). it was a proud moment! kids kayaks fit in the trailer too which was a sweet bonus!! and their bikes!!
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3852.JPG
IMG_3867.JPG
IMG_3892.JPG

i really REALLY want a roof rack from trail tailor. i hate those foam blocks but it's what i have to work with for now.

and a roof rack.

Landcruiser NW rack feet... and thule bars i already owned.
full

Hey Stout. Thanks, I was happy with the result. Remove them and take outside. Cleaned them thoroughly with Simple Green and scrubbed with a stiff toothbrush. For some road tar and other tough spots I used a dab or two of acetone but very little as it will scuff up the rubber. Then back to the work bench where I removed the remaining rotten cracked white paint with a small sand paper fingernail file, emery board deal. Then a final wipe down with denatured alcohol. Then with a fine paint brush like you use for model planes and cars I painted the lettering with Testors Enamel model paint. Gloss White 1145C2. The your time. Not too thick. You will inevitably go outside the letter lines here and there but wait till it dries and scrape it off with a dental pick or tiny flat blade screw driver ( the small eyeglass screw driver worked best). I did two coats and the second goes on much smoother and yields the nice smooth even finish. No black paint at all. Then I waited a good 24 hours for the paint to cure up good and then sprayed the flaps down with No Touch Tire Care NT21. Let it do it's work as per instructions on the can and then a final hose down and cloth dry and they are like new. By the way, the plastic body insert nuts are wasted on mine so I have them fastened with 8mm x about 1 inch stainless bolts and nuts with appropriate sized SS washers in the front and back. (depending on how wallowed out the holes in the rubber are) And voila....ready for more MUD.

Nice, are those 33'?
yep - bfg at k02 - 33x10.50x15 on the factory wheels. really fills the wheel wells nicely and makes the truck look like a truck...not a granny wagon. i love em. the truck rides a little softer too.
but - damn it really bogs and struggles to get rolling.

Hey Stout. Thanks, I was happy with the result. Remove them and take outside. Cleaned them thoroughly with Simple Green and scrubbed with a stiff toothbrush. For some road tar and other tough spots I used a dab or two of acetone but very little as it will scuff up the rubber. Then back to the work bench where I removed the remaining rotten cracked white paint with a small sand paper fingernail file, emery board deal. Then a final wipe down with denatured alcohol. Then with a fine paint brush like you use for model planes and cars I painted the lettering with Testors Enamel model paint. Gloss White 1145C2. The your time. Not too thick. You will inevitably go outside the letter lines here and there but wait till it dries and scrape it off with a dental pick or tiny flat blade screw driver ( the small eyeglass screw driver worked best). I did two coats and the second goes on much smoother and yields the nice smooth even finish. No black paint at all. Then I waited a good 24 hours for the paint to cure up good and then sprayed the flaps down with No Touch Tire Care NT21. Let it do it's work as per instructions on the can and then a final hose down and cloth dry and they are like new. By the way, the plastic body insert nuts are wasted on mine so I have them fastened with 8mm x about 1 inch stainless bolts and nuts with appropriate sized SS washers in the front and back. (depending on how wallowed out the holes in the rubber are) And voila....ready for more MUD.

Thank you so much!!! Going to do mine on my next days off.

yep - bfg at k02 - 33x10.50x15 on the factory wheels. really fills the wheel wells nicely and makes the truck look like a truck...not a granny wagon. i love em. the truck rides a little softer too.
but - damn it really bogs and struggles to get rolling.
Any issues with balance? I have the exact same tires and can't for the life of me get them to balance. Even bought new rims to try and solve it.

Any issues with balance? I have the exact same tires and can't for the life of me get them to balance. Even bought new rims to try and solve it.

none that i've noticed so far...and i've had it at highway speeds...seems OK.

i will say that i had the exact same problem on my tacoma that I just sold...I had BFG 31x10.50's on factory tacoma wheels and I had to balance them 3 times in 5 years - and only the last one finally stuck.

I have that size on my pickup and no issues. Did you try a different tire shop?
I've heard that sometimes the balancing machines can go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom