What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that’s just showing off! Did you take the “L” off of your stock center caps.

I tried to get mine off and two broke apart so I just tossed them in the trash. I tried looking on eBay but only found decals and the bigger badges for the tailgate/hood. I planned to search for them again once I had my new tires mounted.

Now that’s just showing off! Did you take the “L” off of your stock center caps.
Right? Ha ha. I actually bought decal Lexus badges on eBay and painted them to match. If you look really closely you’ll see they don’t cover the holes 100%, but close enough. I sold my original chrome wheels to someone locally for double the amount I paid for these SR5 wheels, so I didn’t try removing the L.

A little solo camping - deer hunting trip without finding any deer. Came across a large pack of collared peccaries which was fun to stalk and hang around for a couple of hours. The trusty GX got me there and back without any drama....headed back out ASAP.

upload_2018-1-17_21-16-12.png

upload_2018-1-17_21-16-54.png

A little solo camping - deer hunting trip without finding any deer. Came across a large pack of collared peccaries which was fun to stalk and hang around for a couple of hours. The trusty GX got me there and back without any drama....headed back out ASAP.

I've always wanted to do a late season AZ hunt. Mulies or coues?

I've always wanted to do a late season AZ hunt. Mulies or coues?

Whatever I can find.....white tail further north but been too compressed for time to make a solid effort of it.

Did the Late Model switch mod and added a factory style switch for my aux lights. Very Happy with it. Also saw that only one of the original switches were lighting up in that cluster. Fixed all of them and the diff lock switch light. The contacts on the bulbs must not have been touching. I just bent them out with a tiny screwdriver and they are good to go.

View attachment 1291407

View attachment 1291409

Not familiar with this mod. Where did you put your diff lock button?

View attachment 1604791

I washed with soap and water and dried. That’s it. A quickie and no issues yet but I’ve only had it painted for maybe 2 weeks

FWIW I painted the grill with plasti-dip and not the badge (but am going to go back and paint it too) w/out remove the grill. Just tape it up good with plenty of newspaper and put a piece inside the grill (do that first!) and you don't have to take the grill off. Plasti-dip looks good, took about 4-5 coats though.

I'm having a loooong list of stuff done. Nitro rear axles, bushings, bearings, fluids, oh my!

Um, wow. That's hypermiling if I've ever seen it...40mph at less than 1k rpm. How's the rig and mileage these days??

86k miles now. Took it on several trips so it’s gone up a bit. She’s still enjoying it. She had a lady that hit her recently, she slid on some ice and did some damage to her rear bumper and exhaust. Wasn’t happy. It’s being fixed at the dealer currently.

I am at 191k. Still all good. Do don't stress!

Today I high centered my 120 on a frozen sand dune.

First time I've ever gotten stuck, had to have a F150 give me a tug to get off the peak of the hill, pretty embarrassing.

KX2yOSi.jpg

Well I drove my GX for about 100 miles
Wow what a differce to my 80 series, this is mire responsive , much smother etc....

I wonder if my rig is a sports model, wonder what that is?

G'

Dude...always wait for Toy/Lex help...if a Ford rolls by just act like you're taking shots of the landscape... :)

Ha, my wife was on her way with our 4Runner, I'm still glad I was able to tell her to turn around and go home.

Wheeled with some ladies and fellas and attempted to make it up Rice peak,
But snow and ice had other ideas. Nearly slid backwards into the front of the FJ going up a hill. Butthole pucker factor 10, so we turned around and just did some lower elevation stuff. Checked out Peppersauce Cave, and headed home. It was a good Sunday minus almost dieing. I’ve been really happy with the Radflo setup on the truck, I just want bigger tires.

CABE015D-1F3E-4C4B-B674-70DCD00C8F9B.jpeg

AE7B9DDA-4C12-4918-BFB6-F9F5EE9763C1.jpeg

7DB5A0E0-860B-4D50-AE9F-D3CB643474A5.jpeg

9B3BF8CD-5D54-4B09-B3DB-7FFC0A5A4EA1.jpeg

I got a few new cut keys and transponders today! Ordered them from 1010keys on eBay.

20180122_193335.jpg

I had some trouble with the programming sequence - turned out one of the steps was wrong on their instruction.

I broke out my Windows XP laptop with Techstream and added the new keys to work with the immobilizer.

While I was in there I changed the locks to unlock when the truck is out into park and turned off the auto telescoping functionality of the steering wheel. I figure it is bound to break sometime with all of those cycles!

20180106_202158.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom