What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice!

I haven't fully researched but have thought a bit about it... What's the non-dealer way to change to custom settings? Ergo: lock or not shifting from P; audible beep and/or light flash upon arm/disarm; how to reset window and roof features to auto down/up on one-push, on/off telescoping wheel, timing for auto-off lighting, etc....
Do you have a program on your dino XP that programs settings intot he key, that translates to the truck? Is there computer to OBDII interface to make those changes via program? Are there infuriating key motion to combination window switches, odo push0button, shifter sequencing to set these setting?
I know it probably reads very oddly, but they're legit questions. ;)
Tech stream downloaded from your favorite file-sharing service and a usb-obd ii device. Google it.

I drive it almost 280 miles to see my sons graduation at the Lacklland AFB in San Antonio
He became an USFA Airman today! Very proud father today

I drive it almost 280 miles to see my sons graduation at the Lacklland AFB in San Antonio
He became an USFA Airman today! Very proud father today

congrats, 1976-1980 LRAFB C-130 auto pilot and compass tech

Forget the Tesla tablet, those are nicely finished drawers and that table is awesome. Is it stored in the drawers and serves as a pull out shelf or a standalone table? Genius

Tech stream downloaded from your favorite file-sharing service and a usb-obd ii device. Google it.

Actually, the cable you need is called a mini-vci cable. You probably also need a windows XP laptop to get it working. I tried really hard and consider myself pretty good with computers and I could not get it working in Win10...

Things I have found I can do with it:
  • Program new key to work immobilizer (this alone was worth the cable cost!)
  • Turn off silly auto tilt / telescoping steering wheel feature while it still works good...
  • Turn off auto lock when out in gear
  • Turn off double remote press to unlock all
  • Unlock all doors when put in park
  • Unlock all doors if driver's door opened within 10 seconds of removing key from ignition
  • Turn off panic function on remote
  • Set door chime volume
  • Etc...
Sometime when it is warmer I'll take some more screenshots and compile a full list if settings.

Andy

20180106_202158.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to sell it. What is the safest way to complete the transaction if the seller is across the country? I have interest but I am trying not to get scammed.

Wheeled with some ladies and fellas and attempted to make it up Rice peak,
But snow and ice had other ideas. Nearly slid backwards into the front of the FJ going up a hill. Butthole pucker factor 10, so we turned around and just did some lower elevation stuff. Checked out Peppersauce Cave, and headed home. It was a good Sunday minus almost dieing. I’ve been really happy with the Radflo setup on the truck, I just want bigger tires.

View attachment 1617095

View attachment 1617096

View attachment 1617097

View attachment 1617098
How has your wheel and tire combo been off road? It's always been my intention to go with a 17x8 rim, but every time I see how good your 18s look I change my mind haha. Any negatives with the 18s you can think of?

Trying to sell it. What is the safest way to complete the transaction if the seller is across the country? I have interest but I am trying not to get scammed.

Post it on the Keystone board on mud (link in my signature).

I wouldn't bother with someone who claims to want to buy it from across the country. If you do, put it on them to figure out how they are gonna do it and don't accept risky forms of payment (like a personal check).

I would be very wary of someone who didn't even come to see it...

Don't take a check for more than you are asking and give them cash back ;)

CAZ

How has your wheel and tire combo been off road? It's always been my intention to go with a 17x8 rim, but every time I see how good your 18s look I change my mind haha. Any negatives with the 18s you can think of?
I’ve nearly always had a dedicated off road truck other than the GX to hammer on in the desert. I’ve sold all my toys and now just have the GX, so I’ve been using it more. It does very well for what it is, I can’t speak highly enough of the nitto’s, they’ve done everything I’ve asked of them. They do suck in snow though, which out here is kind of a non issue unless I actually want to purposely go see it. The ONLY negative to 18’s IMO is larger tire choices; there’s only a handful of decent choices in a 33”, ONE choice in a 34”, and a few in 35”. With 17’s there’s a million of each. And since I’ve been thinking of going 34’s, that leaves only Cooper. (Which luckily is ok in my book.) So just know that if you want 18’s and big tires, you’re going to be limited.

I’ve nearly always had a dedicated off road truck other than the GX to hammer on in the desert. I’ve sold all my toys and now just have the GX, so I’ve been using it more. It does very well for what it is, I can’t speak highly enough of the nitto’s, they’ve done everything I’ve asked of them. They do suck in snow though, which out here is kind of a non issue unless I actually want to purposely go see it. The ONLY negative to 18’s IMO is larger tire choices; there’s only a handful of decent choices in a 33”, ONE choice in a 34”, and a few in 35”. With 17’s there’s a million of each. And since I’ve been thinking of going 34’s, that leaves only Cooper. (Which luckily is ok in my book.) So just know that if you want 18’s and big tires, you’re going to be limited.

Right on. Do you know what the 33" tire size is? That's probably the biggest I'd go.

Right on. Do you know what the 33" tire size is? That's probably the biggest I'd go.
Actually, after posting my response, I found out that a 295/70/18 is a 34” tire, and there are several options to chose from. A 275/70/18 is a 33”. My 285/60/18’s were perfect with stock suspension, but aren’t cutting it anymore.

And you’ll always have the true 33x12.50R18 options, but they’re nearly 2” wider than a 275/70/18.

Well Mom's Christmas present arrived today.

0128181853.jpg

White Knuckle Sliders for the GX, and we have some other tricks up our sleeve coming soon. :cool:

I cleaned a lot to get ready for the new coilovers and tie rods (same, just new).
27072944_10155325500248123_2999822571911896903_n.jpg

Not the Lexus, but did a timing belt/water pump/tstat/bearings/valve cover gaskets on my girlfriends 3rd gen. 230k and appears to be all original. It was a leaky turd, but it was dirt cheap. Can’t beat a 3.4/4x4/E-locked 5-speed for $1500.

633D01C2-2268-4031-B1AC-B7FDD53F9896.jpeg

06700E81-903B-4178-9346-C3BB58FB6E47.jpeg

2BAFA969-028B-49B2-B48C-7F70E3AD9623.jpeg

209DD267-6B5D-48B6-BC61-D55475CEED42.jpeg

Replace the now twice fixed Mark Levinson 6x9’s that have since failed again. Used Rockford Fosgate 4ohm speakers. Much much much better quality speaker.

8D5905C8-BE4C-4D63-8E69-BED4EEF8AFE5.jpeg

Installed the new PowerTray and Switch Pro 9100 today. Love the simplicity of the wiring and option to have a coupling under the hood in addition to the one I ran to the rear.
3A1C25AB-CC91-4A21-AB9B-F33B0C96D233.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom