What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, just ordered a Power Tray. Going to be working on my electrical next weekend with a friend of a friend that is a wiring pro. :cheers:

Trying to understand why you need the switch pro if you already have a Blue Seas 6 circuit fuse block? Is it just to have more electrical connections?

Thanks, just ordered a Power Tray. Going to be working on my electrical next weekend with a friend of a friend that is a wiring pro. :cheers:

Trying to understand why you need the switch pro if you already have a Blue Seas 6 circuit fuse block? Is it just to have more electrical connections?
Good question- the Blue Seas fuse block was purchased before the Switch Pro and helps distribute power to multiple locations, and I still use it to distribute power to non-switched items (fridge power, extra 12v chargers, etc). The Switch Pro replaces all of the relays and switches that you would use to control all of your lights, compressor, etc. So I used to have multiple switches mounted on the dash (see pic) and I started running out of room. The Switch Pro gives me control for 8 accessories from one panel. And you can combine accessories, control brighntess, strobe, etc. And the wiring is far simpler without all the relays under the hood, and only one small set of wires now running through the firewall.

A49FD46C-82F4-4719-B664-5878A2F08823.jpeg

Installed my TC uppers. My truck has had some weird issues I’ve been trying to track down. Mainly a decently hard pull to the left when braking. Pulling a trailer, it’s almost uncontrollable in a panic stop situation. Luckily I hardly ever pull a trailer. Anyways, the issue has been 100% resolved. The bushings on the original control arms were so shot, I’m surprised I didn’t have more issues. It’s like driving a new truck again, I’m so thankful.
I’m going to go up to a 34” tire, replace all the rear links with TC or MetalTech, and I think I’m done for a while.

6DFDF704-EC41-47D6-B9E2-15E14990247D.jpeg

823A6D8B-06B9-4E77-A60C-50C2451C5AD6.jpeg

Added 4runner trail bumper cover trim after trimming rear bumper. Happy to lose the mullet look from lower rear bumper after removing the running boards.
IMG_20180205_152630.jpg
IMG_20180204_150623.jpg

IMG_20180205_152630.jpg
IMG_20180204_150623.jpg

Wish I could take credit for the idea, but I stumbled upon it on another forum a while back. What follows is my work though. My cabin air filter was old and had a bee or two stuck in it. I could order one easily enough, but where's the fun in that?

UxiDS96.jpg

Thankfully the wonderful engineers at Toyota decided to give this thing an actual removable frame instead of just some lame channel to shove the filter into.

zQoUcru.jpg

I use the 3M pleated filters in my house and try to keep them on hand. One was sacrificed to the cause. I laid the old filter atop this thing, marked two cut lines and used the cardboard border as my remaining two cut lines. Regular kitchen scissors got the job done, maybe make sure your wife is not around when you do this? Definitely make sure to be careful, the wires are sharp and poke!

jDFByyP.jpg

Once I had it cut out I just inserted it into the frame, and did some adjusting of the wires since they were bent while pushing the filter behind the frame's retention tabs. It's very snug, with no gaps, so it should perform just like the factory filter. Cutting carefully was the key, getting crazy with the scissors or trying to just eyeball it might not work well.

o202y3u.jpg

The last time I bought a factory cabin air filter it was around $12. I paid $14 for the 20x25 filter, and I should get at least four filters out of it, so there's some savings to be had with this DIY approach. There's no carbon on this, so I don't think it will eliminate any foul odors, but it is a good filter so it should remove allergens and dust at the very least.

Ordered my 33’s finally. I’ve been so torn between either a 33 or a 34, and an AT or a MT. Ultimately, I decided on a LT275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I’ve been super happy with my Nitto Terra Grapplers, I’ve just out grown them. I’ll post pics as soon as I put them on.

8B7C718F-859C-44B3-A585-711DB3AB7EA2.jpeg

Wish I could take credit for the idea, but I stumbled upon it on another forum a while back. What follows is my work though. My cabin air filter was old and had a bee or two stuck in it. I could order one easily enough, but where's the fun in that?
Thankfully the wonderful engineers at Toyota decided to give this thing an actual removable frame instead of just some lame channel to shove the filter into.
I use the 3M pleated filters in my house and try to keep them on hand. One was sacrificed to the cause. I laid the old filter atop this thing, marked two cut lines and used the cardboard border as my remaining two cut lines. Regular kitchen scissors got the job done, maybe make sure your wife is not around when you do this? Definitely make sure to be careful, the wires are sharp and poke
jDFByyP.jpg

Once I had it cut out I just inserted it into the frame, and did some adjusting of the wires since they were bent while pushing the filter behind the frame's retention tabs. It's very snug, with no gaps, so it should perform just like the factory filter. Cutting carefully was the key, getting crazy with the scissors or trying to just eyeball it might not work well.
The last time I bought a factory cabin air filter it was around $12. I paid $14 for the 20x25 filter, and I should get at least four filters out of it, so there's some savings to be had with this DIY approach. There's no carbon on this, so I don't think it will eliminate any foul odors, but it is a good filter so it should remove allergens and dust at the very least.

I did the same thing with my Tundra...funny enough my friend and actual toyota tech made fun of me for this so with the gx I pulled and replaced with advanced auto one.... damn peer pressure I swear. Probably will revert on the next change out. I don't think the original was ever changed at 134k. It had been serviced its entire life at a Lexus dealership in the Charlotte area. It was literally as black as your scissor handles and full of trash and bugs!

I did the same thing with my Tundra...funny enough my friend and actual toyota tech made fun of me for this so with the gx I pulled and replaced with advanced auto one.... damn peer pressure I swear. Probably will revert on the next change out. I don't think the original was ever changed at 134k. It had been serviced its entire life at a Lexus dealership in the Charlotte area. It was literally as black as your scissor handles and full of trash and bugs!

My wife commutes downtown every day, and her filters are always black or very dark grey when I change them. I blame pollution and sitting in traffic, that thing seems to suck in exhaust fumes for some reason. As far as the DIY approach and peer pressure is concerned, well, I'll keep on making my filters and saving money while I can! Just glad its fairly easy, I don't think it would work on the wife's car.

Good Lord! Do you park in a forest?

lol..no
the 1 owner lady that had this vehicle for 134k must have... idk why the lexus dealership in charlotte never changed it in all her service appts she had there.
This was less than a week after I drove it off the used car lot that I discovered its lack of attention.
Crazy....

We moved last summer, and a thunderstorm popped up while the rental truck was in the back yard down a steep hill. Crap! You can see where this is going. Anyway, after completely destroying the back yard, I decided, what the heck, let's hook up the GX as see what happens before I call a wrecker. Luckily, I had enough chain to keep the GX on the driveway, and it quite easily pulled the 32,000 pound truck up the hill and out of the mud. (I had to weigh it for my moving reimbursment). The best part was my wife's scream when the chain made a popping sound as it was tensioned. She thought it was her beloved GX dying. My only regret is not videoing like the Tundra pulling the space shuttle.

Made these

0210181358_HDR.jpg

So I could remove these

0210181359a.jpg

So I could do this,

0210181252.jpg

So I coukd mount these

0210181344.jpg

You can trim the running boards while on the car. Don't have to deal with removing those tabs.

I installed my wheelskins cover. Slowly getting rid of the wood trim. I originally bought one of those Chinese covers for Prados on Aliexpress but the quality was bad, should have just bought the wheelskins to begin with. I have one on my 80 that's been holding up really well for 10 years now.

Also wired my fog lights to stay on with hi-beams.

IMG_20180210_155654.jpg

Fixed my ebrake. Fixing my LCA ball joints and a front tcase axle seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom