What did you do on your 70 series today? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is 46lbs ft in the RM617E which is for the newer 1HZ

36FE07B1-7258-44E6-9E4C-AF56F3FA7569.jpeg

I just put the 1HZ FSM in the "Resources" section of 'Mud. Surprised it wasn't there already, but I didn't see it. If I missed it and my post is a duplicate, moderators please remove it.

Got bored and washed it, then decided I had time to use some rubbing compound and a magic eraser on the dull paint. I did the sides and hood, left the rusty front fenders alone.

IMG_20230625_164438589.jpg

IMG_20230625_164422810_HDR.jpg

Took a quick break from work and tinkered with this.

C6E6CDA5-4FDE-4CC9-AE75-4BCC18272C94.jpeg

Advertised as a 3F adapter. It works for the 2300 but I like the look of the 2GC a little better so I just tapped m8x1.25 threads into the appropriate location. Now I have an adapter for a 3F to 2GC that doesn’t require sandwiching adapters together.

4C95350D-96B1-43C7-AB7A-BDB00AFF9BEE.jpeg

I’ll find out and report back if it works out or not.

Respooling the winch cable revealed the fairlead rollers were not rolling.
Smoothed the damage done by the cable and then attacked the nylon bushings in the rollers.
I think they swell with moisture.
Got the truck inspected and passed.
Applied Fluid Film and Waxoyl but 7 cans were not enough. Truck smells funny now.
Welded up cracks in armor, painted and re-installed.
Fairlead rollers (4).JPG

Fairlead rollers (1).JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

armor repaired (1).JPG

Rust proofing (1).JPG

Played Land Cruiser Exhaust Twister Rubix Cube and managed to get the old rusty pipe out (without a lift) and install the new take off from a 2007 and newer HZj76 into my 1990 HZJ77

Poof.....perfect fit....hangers all line up.....price was right.

I love how Toyota uses sooooo many parts across multiple models.

exhaust1.jpeg
exhaust2.jpeg

Are you planning to sell these?
Not to take away from @BarnFab in case he wants to sell a few, but if you didn't know, @ChaserFJ60 offers a 3D printed one that's pretty nice:

Not to take away from @BarnFab in case he wants to sell a few, but if you didn't know, @ChaserFJ60 offers a 3D printed one that's pretty nice:

No issues with those but I did not like the way the radio had no surround BUT I have to say he does a great job of sanding his 3D print and painting it . I can't paint to save my life so was actually considering just remaking all the parts in Billet and doing black anno so it matched :)

1688073108028.png

Thanks for the shoutout, To those who may be interested this piece is 100% Customizable, all you need to do is reach-out and I'll work with you to make the correct changes. I can add or subtract any feature you can dream up. A few minutes with an orbital sander does wonders on making quick work of the prep before paint. Mine are made out of ASA so it can easily survive in the sun and heat without cracking, warping, or becoming brittle like the original ABS pieces.

Only downside to an aluminum one is it could really burn you on a hot day if the sun hits it right. It looks great though!

Trying hard to pack and drive West.
Put an Australian spare tire bag on and got a bag of ropes a rain tarp and more to fit behind the spare on the swing out.
Canine pal fears being left behind. he won't be.

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

Rolled to 100,000 KMs today. Timing belt light lit up right at 99,999. Already done-did. Off to search on how to reset the light.

View attachment 3362036
The light can be reset by removing the little rubber plug in the gauge cover and reaching through with something long and thin to press the little button next to the T-belt light.

Congratulations on the milestone, too! I’m coming up on 100k miles in mine.

The light can be reset by removing the little rubber plug in the gauge cover and reaching through with something long and thin to press the little button next to the T-belt light.

Congratulations on the milestone, too! I’m coming up on 100k miles in mine.
Easy enough! Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom