What did you do on your 70 series today? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe just the New Braunfels location claims that title.

Hard to tell, that where your at?

Pick me up some brisket tacos would ya?

Also polished my snorkel in anticipation of some rain and worked out where I can install some rotopax for maximum impact.

lol, The Aussies actually use them as intended I bet.
I believe just the New Braunfels location claims that title.

Hard to tell, that where your at?

Pick me up some brisket tacos would ya?

That is the one I was at. I was at the NB one and I read somewhere before that it is the largest one in the world. You should try their reuben sandwich if you ever go to one, it is out of this world.

lol, The Aussies actually use them as intended I bet.

That is the one I was at. I was at the NB one and I read somewhere before that it is the largest one in the world. You should try their reuben sandwich if you ever go to one, it is out of this world.

Thats the one I go to a few times a year, never had anything bad to eat

Bucees nuggets for desert

9BE59579-E00A-4E32-95C8-52AF145E7C7D.jpeg

Continuing to box in the area not covered by my OVS drawers. Under this section is where my little 5lb propane tank will live, and a small water pump. Still need to paint the front and cover the top in carpet. Probably hinge it at the back and hold it closed with a magnet at the front? I dunno... I change my mind on this setup almost daily.
IMG_20220116_174658_156.jpg

Sheet metal front slots into some alum extrusions on either side, so it can slide out if necessary.

Thats the one I go to a few times a year, never had anything bad to eat

Bucees nuggets for desert

You are not too far from me then when you go. Should give me a holler next time and we can eat Reuben sandwiches in the parking lot with the beaver nuggets(which I never had).

Ditched the Pro foam Ironman shocks, I can tell you there is nothing pro about them. Trying out the latest and greatest Dobinson adjustable MRR shocks, paired with their 110kg-220kg springs, complemented by a king bump stop. Shout out to Mike at Exit offroad for getting the shocks and springs to me quickly, highly recommend for any Dobinson products. Excited to see how this performs off road. The road manners already show a significant improvement with significantly less body roll.

IMG_2803.jpg

Ditched the Pro foam Ironman shocks, I can tell you there is nothing pro about them. Trying out the latest and greatest Dobinson adjustable MRR shocks, paired with their 110kg-220kg springs, complemented by a king bump stop. Shout out to Mike at Exit offroad for getting the shocks and springs to me quickly, highly recommend for any Dobinson products. Excited to see how this performs off road. The road manners already show a significant improvement with significantly less body roll.

View attachment 2898420

Good choice… These are pretty awesome at a reasonable price point.

I hear good things about OME BP51? I believe, the adjustable ones like your dobby, interested to hear what you think.

I am looking into a shock change myself as I have a too firm small square edge problem right now.

Doing some repairs on repairs today. Cracked my fuel return line on the bj73 a couple years back. Silver solder/MAPP gas brazed it back together and joined it with some vacum line. 2 years later it is stretched out and leaking. Luckily 3/16 fuel line fits and added tiny hose clamps. This isn't a bad repair if you make the mistake and crack the steel return line. A new stub can be made from steel brake line and brazed on as well. Orange flux safety silv 56 brazing sticks work better than no flux flat silver solder. Sometimes the no flux solder won't stick.
Next is to replace my direct drive 17" radiator fan with a fan clutch 17" fan. But it's off to the hardware store for some longer studs and washers.
Got some oil smoke, so going to check my turbo drain line and probably replace. Hoping the rubber has sludged up inside and decayed clogging it up. Probably another victim of using whatever hose I had at the time. This hose being something previously done in Spain to the power steering return line

IMG_20220120_133830.jpg

Doing some repairs on repairs today. Cracked my fuel return line on the bj73 a couple years back. Silver solder/MAPP gas brazed it back together and joined it with some vacum line. 2 years later it is stretched out and leaking. Luckily 3/16 fuel line fits and added tiny hose clamps. This isn't a bad repair if you make the mistake and crack the steel return line. A new stub can be made from steel brake line and brazed on as well. Orange flux safety silv 56 brazing sticks work better than no flux flat silver solder. Sometimes the no flux solder won't stick.
Next is to replace my direct drive 17" radiator fan with a fan clutch 17" fan. But it's off to the hardware store for some longer studs and washers.
Got some oil smoke, so going to check my turbo drain line and probably replace. Hoping the rubber has sludged up inside and decayed clogging it up. Probably another victim of using whatever hose I had at the time. This hose being something previously done in Spain to the power steering return line

View attachment 2900179
New oil drain didn't stop the smoke. It happens when the engine is hot and I close the throttle from highway speed and coast in gear to a stop. I'll have a cloud following me to a stop. This is my first oil change with dinosaur oil and not synthetic, and it has a couple thousand miles on the oil now.............my theory: At highway speed it's hot and boosting. When I chop the throttle and coast in gear, I'm still getting full oil pressure, my butterfly closes causing pressure spike to the turbo, the hot thin dinosaur oil then blows by the brass bearing into the exhaust.....due to coasting and lack of heat and air this oil smokes instead of burning.

The set up are from Australian dealers under
PZQ30-60150 (TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES HEAVY DUTY ROOF RACKS 2 BAR WAGON FROM JAN 2007)
TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES HEAVY DUTY ROOF RACKS 2 BAR WAGON FROM JAN 2007> | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/291043075616
and
PZQ30-60155 (TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES ROOF RACK EXTRA 3RD BAR WAGON HEAVY DUTY GENUINE)
TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES ROOF RACK EXTRA 3RD BAR WAGON HEAVY DUTY GENUINE | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/271512950576

The bars themselves are what I found out to be Rhino heavy duty bars when I got them despite they are Toyota parts. Mine just don’t say Rhino anywhere.

E68FB4AC-F069-4944-8617-4CC11ECAA880.jpeg

What is nice about these is that it clears the sunroof full tilt just right.

rack Shot 2.jpeg

Last edited:
what kind of roof rack bars are you using on your cruiser?
etrailer sells those same Rhino Rack bars and risers (plus pioneer flat racks and other Rhino Rack accessories), so easily available with free shipping here in the US. The RL150 denotes the leg/riser/gutter mount height. Other heights available based on need. Their prices seem to have jumped up from what I remember so may worth looking elsewhere.

tried on some new kicks, finally hooked up the indicators in the ARB, made some offset mounts for my washer reservoir to clear the snorkel, put that german license plate on for giggles.

A2AFEEC2-F8FC-4938-B363-0B1CDD6B200F.jpeg
D1ABD597-5026-46F5-8DBC-83C759A6523A.jpeg
AB6C1EB7-06BA-495E-8167-426A52238584.jpeg

tried on some new kicks, finally hooked up the indicators in the ARB, made some offset mounts for my washer reservoir to clear the snorkel, put that german license plate on for giggles.

View attachment 2902276View attachment 2902277View attachment 2902278
Looks great! How did you hook up the ARB indicators? I've got the same bumper and have been trying to figure out what plug I need to wire the indicators in so I can keep the factory ones and not mess up the original Toyota wiring harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom