What did you do on your 70 series today? (56 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

there are plugs to each fender marker light. should be three wires to each. one is white with black trace, one is green with black trace, and one is green. the black wire from your ARB harness should go to the white with black trace. the red wire will either go to the green or green with black. i need to look to confirm this. my truck is strange... it had plugs on it already for extra indicator lights so i didn't look at which one the red was connected to.

i like to tap on the body side of the wiring harness for things like this since there is a connector to the accessory. keeps things simple. you need to tap into the wires on the body side of the corner marker connector. the light kit comes with vampire taps... use at your risk. i bloody well despise those, and will always prefer a good splice over that hack.

is your truck 12v or 24v? if you have a 24v truck you will need to swap the bulbs out for 24's. the 12's will work. for a little bit. and be really bright.

--r

Thanks for the info! I actually have a Prado, so everything is 12v and my indicators only have two wires each, probably because the parking lights are separate.

even easier!

splice in on the body side of harness to those two wires and you should be cool. your wire colors may be different as i hav an HD truck.

--r

I eventually got my passenger footwell welded. 😀 Thank you, Darius. Nice work.
View attachment 2894278
Next is coating (in and under) and butyl sound deadner to replaced the removed asphalt stuff.
Next big job then is removing and preserving the tank as well as replacing the rusty filler neck octopus.
In March it will go for body cavity- and underbody preservation. All coating needs to be completed before they flood the rig with FluidFilm and Mike Sanders.
Cheers
Ralf
2 layers of coating applied, inside and under.

Will need to cure about 2 weeks now before I can apply the sound deadner.
Brantho is notorious for slow curing. And with cold temps it takes even longer.

20220123_145140.jpg

20220123_145414.jpg

20220123_145107.jpg

Bought it a new battery. 🤷🏻‍♂️
63237372-38AC-41BB-8B4A-5A75C0BF10D8.jpeg
1DA6197D-B2C7-44C9-A302-EED318408755.jpeg

I replaced the highly worn, slick as a banana peel, steering wheel with a new one.

4FEF647B-4645-4AE2-99ED-1B1C5D62D343.jpeg
B03727FD-F27D-4CA5-B382-DB414F554C40.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! I like it. I went with the small cut to get around the needle. Also repainted all the needles with orange paint while I was in there.
What paint did you use?

Who’d you source that from? That’s on my list. ❤️

Partsouq...
Wheel Assy, Steering 45100-60190-03
Button Assy, Horn 45130-60220-B0

It'll set you back about $400. Half way decent used ones come up from time to time but they are usually around 250.

Partsouq...
Wheel Assy, Steering 45100-60190-03
Button Assy, Horn 45130-60220-B0

It'll set you back about $400. Half way decent used ones come up from time to time but they are usually around 250.

Does anyone know if I have to get one specific to my year/model?

I looked at installing a newer style steering wheel but was told they wouldn’t work with my current steering column.

What year is your Troopy? The wheel posted fits an extremely wide range of years and models, and I would be very surprised if it did not fit yours. I have an uninstalled, used one that I'm expecting to fit my 86...

What year is your Troopy? The wheel posted fits an extremely wide range of years and models, and I would be very surprised if it did not fit yours. I have an uninstalled, used one that I'm expecting to fit my 86...
Mines a 1992

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom