What did you do on your 70 series today? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished getting rid of the last of the fire gear, remove the bed. Also installed a Iron Man pro foam cell lift kit.
I am wanting to put on the stock axle lockout hubs, can anyone give me a part number and a good place to order from in the USA?

CD55AC05-74F7-4F5F-8918-0F2FC17A45E6.jpeg

7087D089-0ECD-4F5A-92E8-679E8CA3D3EA.jpeg

Fits the build much better. Even the Gates were too high quality.
Wow, that stung. 😊
** To be clear this was never a build. It would be better described as a long term, very expensive “correction phase” because of a total lack of quality control and craftsmanship on the ”original build”.

Last edited:
The original builder of my truck had installed the rear locker incorrectly which caused oil blowback into the ARB compressor. The compressor and engine bay looked like the second grounding of the Exxon Valdez. After the rear locker was repaired it was time for a new compressor so now the ARB compressor, the a/c compressor and the alternator are all new. 😊View attachment 2641424

ARBs are picky with their o-rings. I have also received them with nicks on the o-ring sealing surface in the carrier.

Simplicity is why I been doing Elockers for some time now.

Cheers

Those mats are very cool...
Thank you. The
Finished getting rid of the last of the fire gear, remove the bed. Also installed a Iron Man pro foam cell lift kit.
I am wanting to put on the stock axle lockout hubs, can anyone give me a part number and a good place to order from in the USA?

Nice truck. When you add a bed to it, it will come out looking really nice.

Cruiser Outfitters can help you with the hub conversion.

Completed the first week with the truck being my daily driver. It cranked every morning. 😊

E4168941-2AD8-4651-8C7C-6350E54F3633.jpeg

Did you haul anything with it too?
It’s basically a hunting platform. Other than hunting equipment and a couple of guns it seldom hauls anything. 😊

It’s basically a hunting platform. Other than hunting equipment and a couple of guns it seldom hauls anything. 😊

I infer that your hunting skills are still a work in progress then? :rofl:

Completed the first week with the truck being my daily driver. It cranked every morning. 😊

View attachment 2644539
You will fix, replace, and repair simple little nick nack items on the older vehicle as you want, but not much that would leave you stranded and the cost won't be remotely comparable to the depreciation and maintenance of a newer vehicle. You will get more complements on your vehicle than any late model.

Normal spring maintenance. Stone chip repair with epoxy primer, acrylic paint and stone chip protecton for lower parts of the body and doors. Also added some cavity wax.

And I also changed tires. Looks much nicer with Toyo MT's than with those Nokian Hakkapeliitta's. Tomorrow I will change oils to transmission, transfer case and axles.

IMG_20210414_213951.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom