What did you do on your 70 series today? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I feel like I'm getting baited into believing some "high speed BS". Like a cherry paratrooper being told to call the rigger and ask for some riser grease, or sent to the motor pool for new spark plugs for the hmmwv.... Anyone who I run into in person who can hand crank a fj40 for me to witness I'll buy a case of beer.

I have hand cranked a 2cyl 20hp lister diesel, but it had a 60lb flywheel and a compression release. I just can't see hand cranking a 2f engine.

Test fit my military stretcher in the bj73 for truck camping in cooler weather. It seems to fit just fine. A litter is just as comfortable as a cot for sleeping. I can fit 2 stretchers if need be. They can carry nicely inside between seats or on the roof rack. I think this will work well for some weekend surf fishing trips on the coast.

I'm using a suspension seat for a excavator that completely folds forward. I had this in mind when I picked these seats. You could also just rest the stretcher 2" above the ground on the square pads. You can set the strecther ends on bumper and fuel/water cans, storage boxes. Place it across the hood. On the ground under the truck out of the rain if your lifted enough. On the roof rack. A litter/stretcher is more versatile for sleeping than a cot.

Surplus stretchers are around $40 each.

View attachment 2472641

View attachment 2472642

View attachment 2472643

As always, I enjoy your no nonsense, simple and practical solutions.

Top mounted A/W Intercooler .... photo courtesy of Odd Iron Off Road

7984793A-3284-4BC1-8C4D-BD27D5E52AA0.jpeg

Celsius to Fahrenheit.. multiply celsius by 2. Subtract 10% of that answer, then add an extra 32.

Where is the radiator part of your intercooler? Up front? Do you have ac also?

Celsius to Fahrenheit.. multiply celsius by 2. Subtract 10% of that answer, then add an extra 32.

Where is the radiator part of your intercooler? Up front? Do you have ac also?
Yes on both.

I am surprised. I really thought you guys had got together to play a joke and see what kind of crazy stuff I would believe... But I guess it's true. I roll started and push started my fj40 back in the day I didn't know I could hand crank it, but I didn't have that crank handle either. That's actually an incredibly cool feature.

Sure mate what would you like to know?

The lights, are just strip lights I got off a friend..
Sure you could find the same on Ebay..

This video goes thru most of it, but really needs to updated now..

Thanks for the video .. I'll take a look on it ..

I would like to know how you attach them up there and how they look in the day ..

David

<snip> I didn't know I could hand crank it, but I didn't have that crank handle either. <snip>.

You had no jack handle? same tool did both jobs.

The 2F MUST HAVE sufficient coolant and oil. After that about all you need is pliers, bailing wire, something approaching gasoline and faith. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom