What did you do on your 70 series today? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought an Canadian 70 series speedo cluster for the KMH/MPH face. Managed to remove it without any issues. Plan to install it into the HZJ77 later.

I know I will have to figure something out for the timing belt light. More on that later while I brainstorm.

View attachment 2445451
View attachment 2445452

What's the PN for that plate? With my lady driving it more and more I'd like to make it a bit easier on her. Thanks!

:lol: instead of waiting weeks, your local Toyota dealer could have gotten you these parts in a few days. These parts are readily available in the US.
Strange, my ordering heirarchy usually goes Toyota -> Cruiser Outfitters -> Megazip or others. Overseas is never my first choice.

I distinctly remember calling (in July) both local dealer (Findlay Toyota) and Cruiser Outfitters, neither had the parts. One of them got superceded by another. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

I rarely get parts live from local dealer. Actually there are 2 dealers within 30 miles and they always quote very high prices. Even with shipping, overseas is the cheaper option for me.

What's the PN for that plate? With my lady driving it more and more I'd like to make it a bit easier on her. Thanks!

There is no part number on the plate itself or even the whole assembly behind it. I wish there was one so I could share it.

What I am wanting to do with this one is make an overlay and add the t-belt portion to the overlay for my own. That is what I am working on right now.

Working a charity event. Good excuse to buff and puff.
20200926_183001.jpg

There is no part number on the plate itself or even the whole assembly behind it. I wish there was one so I could share it.

What I am wanting to do with this one is make an overlay and add the t-belt portion to the overlay for my own. That is what I am working on right now.

So I am trying to work on the overlay but graphics isn't really my strong thing. Any mud members here into graphics and/or decal production?

overlay.JPG

Ill see if my girlfriend can procure something

Thank you.

Just need someone who can do a 'to scale' graphic file that I can use to print out on magnetic paper overlay. Magnetic paper will attach over the existing cluster since it is metal so no need for a sticky adhesive overlay. The t-belt light label will also need to be added in my case.

We can take this to DM if your girlfriend can find someone who can do all of this.

-Matt

Thank you.

Just need someone who can do a 'to scale' graphic file that I can use to print out on magnetic paper overlay. Magnetic paper will attach over the existing cluster since it is metal so no need for a sticky adhesive overlay. The t-belt light label will also need to be added in my case.

We can take this to DM if your girlfriend can find someone who can do all of this.

-Matt

How will the lighting shine thru the magnetic overlay?

Went to a pretty cool Toyota show today...not really a car show guy but it was pretty cool. Lots of 80s, tons of Tacos, some 70s even. Only one 79 though :)

20200927_135045.jpg

LOVE 1st gen 4runners with soft tops...

20200927_164330.jpg

This truck was really slick....
20200927_135659.jpg

Good question. I don’t know.

Worse case I will just modify the original and slap it in.

I sent an email to a company that specializes in KMH to MPH conversions....I may want to send my 79's out. Might be a good alternative vs. a new face. I'll let you know what they say.

2 KZJ77s and a pair of SWB 70 Prados. Not bad for 5 70s to be on one beach in Tampa :)
Wouldn’t have been that long ago that no 70 Series would have been on any beach in the U.S. 😊

How will the lighting shine thru the magnetic overlay?

The speedo is not backlit, the light is reflected in around the edges. I had to recalibrate after my axle swap, Made up a pie chart in Excel to get the graduations right, pasted that into MS paint & added the numbers etc. Printed it & glued it on. Not factory but good enough.

i-MLWsXrN-S.jpg

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom