What did you do on your 70 series today? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove up to a 11,000' ridge, backpacked down cross-country to a valley, fished for two days and hiked out this morning. Got to the truck and it cranked right up after the temps got into the low 30's at night. It still fumigated the forest on start-up but after idling for a few minutes it ran smoothly down the mountain as we had to escape a hail storm on the drive down. Felt good to get the Troopy onto some trails after mostly touring on dirt roads up to this point. It's such a different beast compared to our old HDJ81. Wheelin this thing just feels so good, even with feeling the body flexing hard on ruts...

WildernessFishing-17.jpg

WildernessFishing-12.jpg

WildernessFishing-64.jpg

Cruces-102.jpg

Last edited:
Drove into town Saturday night with my son to go fishing and spotted this at Dairy Queen. What!!!

02C2170F-EB2B-42D4-926A-5725A944CB3F.jpeg

@JohnB heading to SAS4 in Ouray. After coming back from fishing we saw him in the parking lot all campsites in town booked so we invited him to camp out at our place. He wasn’t too scared and decided to camp at our place for the night.
Have fun on the trip!

I guess I should update this post with some new information that I was unaware of before in case anyone else runs out to buy a set of sunshades for their HZJ77 using GRJ76 as keyword on buyee or yahoo jp auctions.

There is a difference between the HZJ77 windshield and the GRJ76 windshield.

The rest of the glass between the two is the same though.

I decided to try out a different set of sunshades (Heat protection is important to me down here in South Texas which prompted me to try out this other vendor.) that came in yesterday and found out that the windshield portion of this second set was designed to stop at the blackout areas of the GRJ76 windshield that the HZJ77 windshield does not have.

The blackout areas I am told by another mud member that I had a discussion with today is due to the airbags and/or the newer updated dash design.

The windshield portion of my first set just covers all the glass regardless if it is blacked out around the edges or not.

That being said...the rest of the second set I got is top notch and built much better IMHO. Fit the rest of my HZJ77 glass like a glove. Maybe I will make a different post to show the rest of it another day.

First set:

View attachment 2391715

Second set:

View attachment 2391717

Sorry if you already said this earlier but couldnt find any reference... Where did you get them from please ? Want to buy a set for my LJ79. Thanks.

The first set is found on Japanese yahoo auctions using the search terms "zeos" + "GRJ76" then you can use whatever proxy service you use to buy them. jauce.com or buyee.com

ヤフオク! -zeos GRJ76の中古品・新品・未使用品一覧

Second set I got is a bit harder to find but here is the link in case you want to compare and make your own decision.

ランドクルーザー 70系 バン カーテン サンシェード 車中泊 グッズ プライバシーサンシェード フルセット GRJ76K型 LAND CRUISER 内装

The first set is found on Japanese yahoo auctions using the search terms "zeos" + "GRJ76" then you can use whatever proxy service you use to buy them. jauce.com or buyee.com

ヤフオク! -zeos GRJ76の中古品・新品・未使用品一覧

Second set I got is a bit harder to find but here is the link in case you want to compare and make your own decision.

ランドクルーザー 70系 バン カーテン サンシェード 車中泊 グッズ プライバシーサンシェード フルセット GRJ76K型 LAND CRUISER 内装

Thanks!

A “Georgia tag” on a Georgia vehicle. I’ll see if law enforcement notices. :lol:
A24059A0-53E1-4477-99E4-26CC8253E611.jpeg

D8C60BEA-92F4-4F9B-A49E-2A5CA58E82F7.jpeg

I just got back from a 2,500 mile round-trip trek through New Mexico and Colorado doing the NMBDR route. I’m happy to say that I had Zero issues with the way I mounted the RTT to the FRP top. I didnt take it easy on the land cruiser on the rockier and tougher roads. I had to retighten the bolts and mounts once but that was it.

Drove up to a 11,000' ridge, backpacked down cross-country to a valley, fished for two days and hiked out this morning. Got to the truck and it cranked right up after the temps got into the low 30's at night. It still fumigated the forest on start-up but after idling for a few minutes it ran smoothly down the mountain as we had to escape a hail storm on the drive down. Felt good to get the Troopy onto some trails after mostly touring on dirt roads up to this point. It's such a different beast compared to our old HDJ81. Wheelin this thing just feels so good, even with feeling the body flexing hard on ruts...

View attachment 2391846

View attachment 2391847

View attachment 2391848

View attachment 2391970

Just amazing... great photos.

Does your Troopy have a lift?

WHAT?! How'd you snag this? A clear hood deflector with an OEM number... do you have pics of it installed?
P.M. sent

Hello,

A panel on Purebred's left door armrest broke.

The replacement, p/n 74232-60050-E0; Toyota refers to this color as oak.

202019_50.JPG

Old and new. Broken panel at the right; notice the broken posts.

202019_51.JPG

Old Panel out. Three screws attach it to the windows and lock controls. Some crud to clean.

202019_52.JPG

New panel assembled.

202019_53.JPG

All assembled.

202019_55.JPG

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom