What did you do on your 70 series today? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since you are on the topic of speakers....
I purchased a set of speakers to replace the 1993 factory speakers and wasn't sure how to access them.
How do you access the 4" speakers inside the lower metal dash panel ?
you have to open the dash, that is, on the side of the instrument cluster you have to take the trim off (and air vent) and reach down. The passenger side you remove the air vent and/or remove the glove box.

you have to open the dash, that is, on the side of the instrument cluster you have to take the trim off (and air vent) and reach down. The passenger side you remove the air vent and/or remove the glove box.

So it sounds like I remove the outer metal sides of the dash to access the speakers.
Hope I don't need to remove the instrument cluster to access the drivers side speaker.
The passenger side appears to be more accessible.

Thank you

So it sounds like I remove the outer metal sides of the dash to access the speakers.
Hope I don't need to remove the instrument cluster to access the drivers side speaker.

Thank you
Pretty sure it's cluster out to get at the drivers speaker. There are no removable panels. I just installed my door speaker pods and had to remove wiring for the dash speakers so I could extend for the door speakers. Cluster came out to do it. Not a huge deal to pull it.

Thank you
you have to remove the "trim" piece that goes around the instrument cluster, the big brown/grey-blue plastic, then get to the speaker from the top, this is for the drivers side.

Looks like a couple H55F transmissions and transfercases, an aux fuel tank and is that a trackbar ?
Very nice....
Front swaybar.

Shimmed my turbo ~ 10mm. Now it makes swoosh sounds. In all seriousness I think 10mm is a sweet spot for now until I get my Arduino EGT and boost gauges figured out. Good turbo response, got rid of the black smoke, and just seems like the 13bt has been waken up a bit. For $2 this was a great “mod”.

0B5F5B53-B94C-451E-AF11-1BE38053F6EC.jpeg

For new speakers in my BJ74 I think I had to remove the gauges and some hvac piping too I think...I recall using a primitive right-angle phillips screwdriver at one point. The original speakers had some funky brackets on them that I had to modify for the new ones.

G'Day Fella's,

I posted some info on this before but only just got around to applying this Wurth product to the Battle Cruiser.
The under body of the Battle Cruiser, is in remarkable good condition (especially when I see some northern hemisphere vehicles), for a 29 year old vehicle.
So wanting to keep things this way, I needed to do some Preventative Maintenance. I made the time, and got to work.
I'll let the images do the talking;

The product;

Before RHS Rear;

After scraping off the loose factory coating LHS Rear;

After the Wurth product was applied RHS Rear;

You can see here, where I have applied the Wurth product, to the edge around all four wheel arches and to the rear area (same at the front) of the guard.

Hope that helps

D'oh!
Homer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom