Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should be north of $800

$504.01 plus sales tax - and there should be 1 less available after this morning's order.

$504.01 plus sales tax - and there should be 1 less available after this morning's order.
OUCH! but still not as bad as I thought it would be, or could be.

Well, considering the relative cost of the dash vs. the money I've already put into my project ('89 FJ62 + '86 FJ60 = ?), it made sense to me. I'm building the '86 to last me as long as I'll be able to drive. The old dash is in really bad shape, with cracks the size of glacial crevasses. It's the part of the vehicle I'll see most while driving, so it'll be a nice way to top things off.

I agree with your approach ......but think the 62 dash pad is gonna be a hard fit on a 60 dash....

Well, considering the relative cost of the dash vs. the money I've already put into my project ('89 FJ62 + '86 FJ60 = ?), it made sense to me. I'm building the '86 to last me as long as I'll be able to drive. The old dash is in really bad shape, with cracks the size of glacial crevasses. It's the part of the vehicle I'll see most while driving, so it'll be a nice way to top things off.

How about getting one of the Specter dash covers for $125?

How about getting one of the Specter dash covers for $125?
That's what I will be doing in the future. @4Cruisers your dash sounds like mine! Hence the need for the dashcap.

I recently put one of those carpet dash covers on my 60, always thought they were cheesy but I love the darn thing.....I can now throw stuff on my dash without it sliding off. Wish I would have done it years ago, my dash just starting getting a crack, would have saved it for sure. I added more Velcro to the cover so it lays great.

but if I could still get gray 60 dash new.......I probably would....but would not install it ;)

I recently put one of those carpet dash covers on my 60, always thought they were cheesy but I love the darn thing.....I can now throw stuff on my dash without it sliding off. Wish I would have done it years ago, my dash just starting getting a crack, would have saved it for sure. I added more Velcro to the cover so it lays great.

but if I could still get gray 60 dash new.......I probably would....but would not install it ;)

I have an old one of those, so where can one get a new dash over for the 60?

I agree with your approach ......but think the 62 dash pad is gonna be a hard fit on a 60 dash....

Part of my '86 FJ60 project includes swapping the dash over from my '89 FJ62, along with the 3FE, transfer case, axles, wiring harness, fuel system, brakes, etc. About the only part of my '86 remaining will be the rust-free body and frame, 3F bellhousing, flywheel and clutch, driveshafts, and transmission/transfer case crossmember. New parts include OME suspension, H55f 5-speed, Warn 8274-50 winch, Toyota 70-Series 16" wheels, BFG 235/85R15 BFG A/Ts, and of course, the $$$ dash cover. It's a lot of work, but like I said, I hope to have the vehicle for as long as I'll be able to drive. Besides, this way, I'll know pretty much everything about how the thing's put together.

I guess it's time to get my SILVER Star and start posting some of the photos I've been taking.

Secondary diaphragm gasket is now discontinued: 21645-41010

I got the last 5 available. 1 is spoken for.

Secondary diaphragm is still available.

Sec diaphragm gasket comes in rebuild kits. Also note that sec diaphragm is interchangeable w/ Holley, so their gasket will work as well.

I recently put one of those carpet dash covers on my 60, always thought they were cheesy but I love the darn thing.

I thought the same thing but started having some little bubbles at the curve on my dash pad, so I got the SOR dash cover a few years ago.

It is tolerable to cover your dash with a rug but not your head IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom