Turbo on a B engine (1978 BJ40) (With Intercooler) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any updates to how the B engine is running after the intercooler install?

I am am about to rebuild my B engine for my 75 BJ40 and am curious if the intercooler is worth the investment.

hi,
be carefull with your B motor with a turbo ( service live of your motor?)
the B motor has'nt spray oil bore under pistons crowns ( necessary with a turbo)
the spray oil bore exist on next generation motor : the 3B motor 3.4 liter

Last edited:
3 years of running with no issues. Not sure which screw my mechanic adjusted :facepalm: but I noticed a little bit more smoke when accelerating.
I started noticing a little bit of oil on the turbo, I believe is time to change it, I will try to switch to a CT20 which spool faster and helps on low revs.

any updates to how the B engine is running after the intercooler install?

I am am about to rebuild my B engine for my 75 BJ40 and am curious if the intercooler is worth the investment.
In my case, running fine and strong. No problem detected

hi,
be carefull with your B motor with a turbo ( service live of your motor?)
the B motor has'nt spray oil bore under pistons crowns ( necessary with a turbo)
the spray oil bore exist on next generation motor : the 3B motor 3.4 liter
If you keep the boost under 10 psi, it will be fine. Mine is limited to 6 psi

3 years of running with no issues. Not sure which screw my mechanic adjusted :facepalm: but I noticed a little bit more smoke when accelerating.
I started noticing a little bit of oil on the turbo, I believe is time to change it, I will try to switch to a CT20 which spool faster and helps on low revs.

Mau yo me inclinaria por un CT16, el CT20 es bastante grande para un B a pocas PSI, en este caso un amigo habia puesto uno y le cargaba solo en 3era y 4ta para que lo considere

Mau yo me inclinaria por un CT16, el CT20 es bastante grande para un B a pocas PSI, en este caso un amigo habia puesto uno y le cargaba solo en 3era y 4ta para que lo considere

El CT12b que ando es enorme, es para 1KZ 3000cc, carga a media maquina del motor, osea como a 1800-2000 revoluciones calculando por sonido obvio.
No habia pensado en un CT16.... Voy a ver mas y lo monto.

El CT12b que ando es enorme, es para 1KZ 3000cc, carga a media maquina del motor, osea como a 1800-2000 revoluciones calculando por sonido obvio.
No habia pensado en un CT16.... Voy a ver mas y lo monto.
si mae CT16 es muy buena opcion, yo ando ese y cero problemas y carga desde abajo, busquese el post mio ahi hay videos. y tengo un amigo que anda ese Ct16 tambien en el B de el y cero problemas. CT20 si es muy grande

si mae CT16 es muy buena opcion, yo ando ese y cero problemas y carga desde abajo, busquese el post mio ahi hay videos. y tengo un amigo que anda ese Ct16 tambien en el B de el y cero problemas. CT20 si es muy grande
Ese mismo tengo yo CT16 , cero problemas y carga desde abajo... sin Lag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom