Turbo j-pipe interest?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turbo all the things is right! It is incredible how turbo'd 80s drive!
PXL_20231220_224448146.PORTRAIT.jpg

Good to see more folks making these to give people options, keeping the dream alive after the original EMSPowered kit was built as the first one :rofl: :cool: :santa:

Last edited:
As the title says thinking about having some j-pipes built to sell. My father in law has been welding for 40 years and is retired. He saw my j-pipe today and asked who welded that. He wants a project and said he can make that all day long just get me the flanges, bends and stainless pipe and he can whip some up. Have a couple engines laying around to mock up and he can make a jig. These would be for internally waste gated turbos like the pulsar. May go with other options if the interest is there. Thinking 316L or 321 sch40 stainless pipe and fittings. Not sure what pricing would be I’m guessing 250-500. Anybody interested in these?
Id be interested, given its got the same layout as the HD Auto J-Pipe. I have one of their basic kits coming so I'm piecing together a few odds and ends to finish it up. I'm sure the HD auto J-pipe will hold up fine but the welds and joints leave a bit to be desired from their photos!

Offset the J pipe so the turbo cold side is not in the way of the valve cover breather like the Hd auto kit.

Last edited:
Offset the J pipe so the turbo cold side is not in the way of the valve cover breather like the Hd auto kit.
I agree with you on rotating the turbo so the cool side pointing more towards the air box, but doing so would change the design of the down pipe too. This was a popular modification on Subaru WRX/STi Foresters back in the day. Making an inlet for the turbo wouldn't be a an issue as you can see from the picture below. But changing the design of the down pipe at the same time.

1703629713070.png

As the title says thinking about having some j-pipes built to sell. My father in law has been welding for 40 years and is retired. He saw my j-pipe today and asked who welded that. He wants a project and said he can make that all day long just get me the flanges, bends and stainless pipe and he can whip some up. Have a couple engines laying around to mock up and he can make a jig. These would be for internally waste gated turbos like the pulsar. May go with other options if the interest is there. Thinking 316L or 321 sch40 stainless pipe and fittings. Not sure what pricing would be I’m guessing 250-500. Anybody interested in these?
I am considering an External Waste Gate system from HD Automotive. Now no down pipe.. to Exhaust XXX The question comes Can I deleted the CAT 30 year old Chassic car by my state in Texas... So I haven't thought this section out just yet. All in the planning stages. Any Ideas, I am listening

Thanks

Tex

I am considering an External Waste Gate system from HD Automotive. Now no down pipe.. to Exhaust XXX The question comes Can I deleted the CAT 30 year old Chassic car by my state in Texas... So I haven't thought this section out just yet. All in the planning stages. Any Ideas, I am listening

Thanks

Tex
If the truck is OBDII you’ll get a check engine light without a cat.

If the truck is OBDII you’ll get a check engine light without a cat.
Mine isn’t OBd2 and the Haltech would be the main ECU controlling the Check engine lamp instead of the OEM ECU using the Haltech to control the fuel injection / timing / boost, according to Ethanol context. IF I was OBD2 and using a Haltech same applies. The Haltech wide band sensor would be the feedback to the Haltech for AFR.

Not known if the Haltech could look
At After Cat 02 sensor / sensors to provide fuel trim like the oem OBD2.

At 25 years old in Texas we don’t have plug in Emission Testing for that. My 99 turned 25 years old this year, now is a classic truck. My replacement stock modified ECU for it has after cat 02 sensors, and purge canister tests deleted from it. They will no longer run those tests in the back ground like traditional OBD2. No check engine light for those anymore.

Thanks for the heads up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom