TTT -- The Tool Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love the idea of a dremel but the reality is that I rarely have needed one. I bought the generic Lowe's version package on an Xmas sale 3 years ago to replace a Dremel I bought in 1992 that had just died. Used it once since then.

I get the most use out of the cordless version. Trimming dog nails with the fine sanding drum. Freaking brilliant idea if the dog can handle the motor noise. A vet clued me in to that a long time ago. The lower power models are just fine for this. But, as mentioned, battery life is the killer here.

I will post a review tonight if I can and tag you in it.. It is awesome and cheap!!! @Greenbean saw it yesterday and I showed him several things it can do. Very cool head unit.

Corehan 7" inch Android 5.1 Lollipop Double Din In Dash Radio Car Video Player with Bluetooth Wifi GPS Navigation System Amazon.com: Corehan 7" inch Android 5.1 Lollipop Double Din In Dash Radio Car Video Player with Bluetooth Wifi GPS Navigation System: GPS & Navigation

I'm considering running one of these in my 40 since it will run ShadowDashMS. That is an app that connects to my MegaSquirt ECU via bluetooth and provides the dashboard. There is even another app that will even allow me to tune on the fly. I'm just concerned about longevity, especially in a 40. Looking forward to your reviews as I watched others' reviews on Amazon for a year or more now, hoping a more mature manufacturer would pick up the technology and run with it.

I've been a Dremel guy since I was 13. Yeah I bought my first one at 13. I've had every model. For lightweight tiny crap they are fine but get them hot and they are toast. The only two that have ever survived was my Vintage model 2 that my grandfather passed down to me. And the cordless one I bought my wife 10 years ago. The rest were all expensive crap that failed at the wrong moment. Went through 3 in the shop before I bought a Wen. 3 years in and no problems. Works great.

Got the Wen and it took care of trimming my dash in about 5 minutes, no problem. For $25 shipped it is a steal. If it lasts a few times I will be happy. I think it will take Dremel attachments....I will have to figure that out.

Trying to get the trailer wiring figured out and I reach for my multimeter. Dead. Fuse and battery good, I seem to chew through cheap multimeters quickly. any suggestions on an in-between cheap and pro model that I can trust will not fail me?

Fluke or Triplett are your best bet for the last meter you'll ever buy

I may have an old school simpson 150 in the garage. If you can read analog ;)

I'm a fan of fluke and Klein. I have several Klein I use in the classroom ... many years without a failure.

Fluke or Triplett are your best bet for the last meter you'll ever buy
I've picked up a couple fluke meters at pawn shops at a fair price.

get a fluke and be done with it. seriously. my triplett is small, a small bit larger than the harbor freight things they give away, and has served me well for 25 years. my fluke (a model 77 i think), has been with me for at least 20, and has a rubberized case that has absorbed many impacts.

that's one giant red box!

images

For most automotive needs, a test light is better suited. Especially on older cars, all your checking is power or no power, voltage isn't as important until you're checking computer voltage...then you need a meter.

Eh. Maybe if all someone is looking for is a hot wire to tap into or (if the test light is self powered) they wish to check for continuity, but if looking for the source of a slow drain a DMM is the tool to have. Because circuit testing so often involves a series of tests to isolate the problem I only ever reach for the DMM and let one tool do it all.

Anybody have any recommendations for a floor jack and/or a jack for full-time in the back of the 100? My floor jack goes to 19.5" - about 3-4" short of needed lift based on the wood base that I used......And the bottle jack in the 100 is woefully short..... Or what does everybody else use for their lifted vehicles for everyday carry? Thanks for any input.

Anybody have any recommendations for a floor jack and/or a jack for full-time in the back of the 100? My floor jack goes to 19.5" - about 3-4" short of needed lift based on the wood base that I used......And the bottle jack in the 100 is woefully short..... Or what does everybody else use for their lifted vehicles for everyday carry? Thanks for any input.

Do you want a floor/bottle jack or a high-lift style jack?

You could carry a chunk of 6x6 post around in your truck and use the factory bottle jack. However, why do you need about 24" of lift from something you carry around to change tires on the street? I don't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom