Trail Tailor Offerings (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is suprising how a smaller computer controlled engine can make more power than a larger engine. Engine efficiency and design plays a big roll also. I struggle with thoughts of swapping out my 2F, or even if I should desmog it.

Erod --- 4.88s and 34.5" tires.

Cummins --- 4.88s and 34.5" tires. Puts it into the front 30% "performance" range of the power band on stock tune.
whats an "easier" swap the Erod or the Cummins? Need to plan for the future :rofl::bounce::bounce2: Have a feelin my rigs gnna end up with you for the swap....

A little done on this one.

J

IMG_20210527_134045767.jpg
IMG_20210527_103659282.jpg
IMG_20210527_101400675.jpg

This is on a 89 HJ61. Gonna try and recreate the "bump-out" on the right side to match up to the original design. Just make it look more complete.

Jason
The bump out would make for a more factory look, but if it doesn't have the appearance of the OEM vinyl, might not look right (and could add complexity and cost to the final design). With this being obviously a customized, upgrade part, it may look better without the bump out. Just tossing an opinion in there for consideration.

Question; do you intend to have multiple layout options available like you did for the 60 bezel? I love having the two 12V power holes (I run two USB receptacles; one which occasionally gets swapped out with a cigarette lighter type receptacle when I borrow my sister's electric cooler), but would rather retain the ash tray that the OEM panel has in place of the gauge openings, as any extra gauges in my case would get put in an A pillar pod.

If you replaced the gauge slots with a opening for flush mounted Switch-Pros 9100 I'd definitely be in. How option-able are you going to be able be on these?

For that bump out, rather than trying to machine something out of the billet, maybe a 3d printed ABS trim piece that's either attached to the panel from behind, or with through mounts into the dash. Could then be painted to match with SEM interior paint and wouldn't look out of place. Seem to be some talented people on here that might want to pick that up as a side project.?

I also want an opening for the switch pro.

Prelim has already been drawn.
If you replaced the gauge slots with a opening for flush mounted Switch-Pros 9100 I'd definitely be in. How option-able are you going to be able be on these?

For that bump out, rather than trying to machine something out of the billet, maybe a 3d printed ABS trim piece that's either attached to the panel from behind, or with through mounts into the dash. Could then be painted to match with SEM interior paint and wouldn't look out of place. Seem to be some talented people on here that might want to pick that up as a side project.?
No bump out design. The BO covers about 2.25" of the end of the bezel... so may leave it up to others to decide if they want it. The orientation on the right side would have to shrink to look good and proportionate as well.
I also want an opening for the switch pro.

1622475579569.png

Jason, is there any advantage to using the 425hp 6.2 vs the 390hp truck version? Does the truck intake limit engine positioning? I’m looking to order one or the other soon.

Also interested in your front housings for my 60. 9.5” center, 80 balls, 67” wide, leaf perched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom