TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm just wondering how y'all managed over the six months you waited for your Chinese toilet paper?!?!?
Let's just say that my FSM is missing a few pages!

Parts supplies have slowed. Suppliers and warehouses are not at capacity. I know I've been waiting on a part from the motherland since March. The vendor blames slow post office and slow customs among other things.

Heather is the CFO of the company so she knows the specifics. Basically I am a small operation that was not impacted enough. I just figured that I have been paying in for 40 plus years perhaps my government could do me a solid in the way of a forgivable loan. Business slowed a bit but I did not have to eat Ramen :)

I'm just wondering how y'all managed over the six months you waited for your Chinese toilet paper?!?!?

The three seashells, of course...

I've tried to be amicable with the squirrels in my yard. I confess, I haven't built them picnic tables but I've over-looked a multitude of sins. They chew EVERYTHING plastic outside. We have several outdoor patio/deck storage boxes that have been chewed up; they have chewed the plastic fender flares and bumper covers on our cars and more.
I took my truck in for an oil change and asked them to investigate a recent check engine light. Turns out they chewed the wiring harness underneath. Luckily it was only $500, I know it could have been much worse. BUT - it's on! I don't have any airsoft but I do have a few BB guns. A varmint pellet rifle may be next. If anyone has any advice for deterrents or pellet rifles, I'm all ears...

squirrel.JPG

go get some.

This is the best squirrel control we could ever ask for. Jack Russell Corgi mix. His name is Sam and he is a squirrel chasing machine. We had them all over the place before Sam showed up, now they show up every once in a while.

20160814_164745-1.jpg

Benjamin Trail .22 air rifle with the nitro piston. Very accurate, effective, and quiet. All instigators are on notice.

7C8631F5-F827-48DF-8681-57217A21BD84.jpeg

I went through 14 different air rifles to find the one above. Worth EVERY PENNY and then some. Air rifles are approved for discharge in the City limits but .22 Long rifle is not. I was ”thinking about” using the Aquila sub Sonics in a Cricket single shot kids rifle. Quiet but according to “the man” it would be illegal. Having many douche bags in my neighborhood who sniff glue and profess to love all things alive, I decided on the Benjamin. Amazing accuracy out to At least 30 yards with the included scope and some practice. Cute furry warm bunnies-dead-! Obnoxious chewing squirrels-eviscerated-! I am not saying I actually “killed” anything, just making conversation.....;)

One dogwood near the garage. Most are harvested on the ground from my vantage point near the second story window. Wouldn’t want to over shoot my target and put out someone’s eye.

Great feedback @Comet
I have some subsonic 22's but I didnt want to resort to those just yet. I'm not in the city but wake county is >100yds from another residence. I'll see if they drop on Prime day but may pull the trigger (pun intended) either way. Thanks again!!

You can find an old marlin model 81dl, or the higgins counterpart. it can shoot cb shorts, that use only the primer. good out to about 25 yards. it's about as loud as a really good finger snap.

I swear, if I wake up between 2-3am one more time this week I'm gonna start farming.

I'd say ambien, but then neighbors will wake up between 2-3am wondering wtf you're doing cooking bacon and eggs on their stove while pantsless . They dont mention THAT as a side effect in the commercials.

melatonin would probably not be a good choice for you either. I have some very intense "pseudodream" sequences when I take melatonin

Having suffered with insomnia for the last 20 years I can tell you what I did to start getting better sleep that worked for me.
I only slept for 2-3 hours if that for the last 15 years.
I started sleeping 7-8 a night about 2 years ago.
I started with 2 Tylenol pm and 4 melatonin gummies and avoidecaffeine after 5.
As I got used to sleeping longer I weaned myself off the Tylenol pm. I also got a CPAP machine 2 years ago and that also helped beacuase it turns out I have real bad sleep apnia and I was waking up to breathe 48 times every hour.
also I have a bedtime reminder and wake up alarm for every day of the week with a 15 min reminder so that helps with consistent bed times.

Have you tried CBD? In all seriousness, we have a friend that started a LEGIT manufacturing company here in the triangle and puts out a safe product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom