2023 ONSC Christmas Party!~ December 7-10th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
This year's Christmas party takes a similar format to prior years:

Show up any time after noon on Thursday and leave any time before early afternoon on Sunday
Main events are Friday and Saturday evenings

Thursday 7th - no official events - show up after 12:00 to the barn and set up camp and relax then go wheeling at URE if you like
Friday 8th - Pot Luck dinner 7PM PRIZE for best food. (outlets are available for crockpots)
Saturday 9th - POSSIBLE TRAIL WORK DAY TBD- Club paid dinner at 6PMish - followed by a visit from Santa for the kids then DIRTY SANTA gift exchange
Sunday 10th - Club paid breakfast, clean up and pack out

EDIT: those of you wanting club merch (black or white Tees or hats) there will be some more available for cash or Paypal purchase at the event.

Those of you that have not been before, will likely need to know these details:

Where?

35.327694, -80.055840
1139-1123 River Rd, Troy, NC 27371

We call it "The Barn" - it's a large open barn with wood stoves and some indoor sleeping rooms and a sleeping attic (if you'd like to utilize this, please ask first).
The barn has running hot/cold water, gas stoves, and a few fridges to use. LOTS of 110v outlets for crockpots (helpful for the pot luck dinner)
There are many spots to camp around the several acre lot that the barn is located on. Many folks camp by the tree line in the main field, some choose to camp behind the second barn, or any of the 2 or three trails/paths that lead to secluded spots by the creek. These are nice if you want the quiet away from the main barn fire. Check for cellphone signal if that's important to you.
Most folks run on 12V/solar/propane heat at their sites, but there is some limited 110V hookups in the 2nd barn, and if you are brave enough to camp near the main barn you can run an extension cord if you need to.
There is a large communal fire that we will congregate around behind the barn. - club is buying wood
No showers (if you need one - you can go to group camp at URE)
There's one pit toilet and the club pays for a nice fresh empty extra large porta potty.... which by the end of a weekend might have you going back to the pit toilet

When?

Those of you that would like to arrive on December 7th to set up early please feel free
There will be only a handful of folks on Thursday - majority show up on Friday afternoon
You don't have to stay the whole time - if you can only show up for the party and hang out - that's fine!
Please eat breakfast with us, help clean up and take your time leaving on Sunday.

What does it cost?

Zero dollars - the club covers all expenses - the weekend is open to non members but we encourage you to become a member and support the club!
If you want to ride the trails at URE, there's a trail pass cost that you pay at the Outpost

Meals and Pot Luck Details:

The club provides Saturday dinner - feel free to bring an app/side or treat if you like!
Friday night is the Pot Luck - 7PM.
We have crockpot hookups in the barn - or feel free to make your food a fire or stove setup at your campsite.
Don't feel the need to make enough to feed an army
Even if you're not cooking or contributing - please stick around to eat - there's no "they didn't bring any" attitude here - everyone EATS!
Other meals you're on your own - There is a grocery store about 30 mins away and a few fast food options within about the same distance.

Santa Details:

If you're bringing kids, please let us know so Santa doesn't run out!

Rules for Dirty Santa
:
Wrap ONE gift per participant and place it on the big reel under the tree in the barn
We will count the gifts and have that many slips of paper in a hat with numbers on them
Anyone that brought a gift grabs a number out of the hat - this determines who chooses first
Person with the number 1 goes first - they pick any item under the tree and open it
Once they touch an item, they've chosen - no shaking or lifting to determine weight/contents
Everyone else sees what they have received (good or bad)
Person with the next number (number 2) then has to choose:
  1. Do I steal that item that number 1 just opened - or any other items that have been opened?
  2. Do I pick another item from under the tree?
Once an item has been STOLEN 3 times, it cannot be stolen again. The last Dirty Santa thief gets that item
If an item is stolen from you, you cannot steal it back - but you now have a choice:
  1. Do I steal another item that has been opened?
  2. Do I pick another item from under the tree?
This continues until the last participant has had their turn and all prizes are gone.

Rules for the prizes:
  • No value limit - but typically things in the $20-50 range are acceptable
  • Silly/Gag/Dirty gifts are always fun - but ones that people really want are usually more fun (liquor does well / tools/parts/etc)
  • Please only participate if you brought something
  • If you forget to bring something, the outpost or local Walmart or ABC nearby should meet your needs

Who?

Members, non members, friends, family, anyone that would like to come enjoy the weekend in a fun and responsible manner. Please be respectful of others with your behavior/noise level late at night. Kids and dogs are always welcome! Any issues with non social people, kids, dogs - please leave them at home.

Let us know you're coming - and if you're bringing anyone, especially kids - and their age (for santa)

See you there!!

Last edited:
I will be there
Likely solo
Arriving Thursday
Probably doing a chili for cookoff since people seemed to like that versus he fajitas I did last time which were terrible.
I shall be less "bad Santa" more "sober Santa"..... hopefully.

See you all there! Anyone that wants to buy club Tees and hats we'll have them there to purchase!
If you want anything else from me, I'm happy to bring along and save shipping.

Monica and I will be there. Staying at Uwharrie cabins like last year.(Monica doesn't camp)
Lookong forward to it !!!

ALL members,

please post up as soon as you know if you can attend.
This gives me an idea of how many people to plan for.

Thanks

I'll be there. Hoping to come Friday and stay through Sunday, but depends on if the wife wants to come, in which case it will just be a Saturday in 'n out trip.

Hey y'all, a dude named Ryan who I met in Buxton, with a 100 series on 37's and a solid axle suspension off an 80, told me about ONSC and invited me to the Christmas party. So I'll be coming solo and probably camping in a hammock. Not sure if I can stay the whole weekend, but it'll be nice to meet some new people.
Shoot, arriving Thursday but I will probably have to leave out Saturday.

Hey y'all, a dude named Ryan who I met in Buxton, with a 100 series on 37's and a solid axle suspension off an 80, told me about ONSC and invited me to the Christmas party. So I'll be coming solo and probably camping in a hammock. Not sure if I can stay the whole weekend, but it'll be nice to meet some new people.
lolllll @UZJ105

That was me. I'll see you there.

In response to the original post. I expect to be there Friday, early afternoon thru Sunday morning. I think I will be bringing a guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom