TLCA Raffle Truck build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

(1) Those shafts looked fine to me, and I would have re-used them on my own rig.

(2) The shafts that come in the commonly available kits are usually crappy. To test whether the shaft in the kit is any good, drag a crosscut file over the corner. A good hard shaft (like OEM) will glance off it like it were made of glass. The inferior shafts will be soft and allow the file to cut into it easily.

(3) At last night's meeting, Rising Sun voted to donate $500 to the raffle truck. The check is being sent to Jon Sourbeer.

Fantastic ! Thanks to our brothers at Rising Sun!

Things about to get black.

image-2250642380.jpg

Here's the most recent progress pictures, courtesy of Steve!

Jorge tutors Steve on the finer points of paint application:
jorgeinpaintboothOCT.jpg

Laying down the OEM Toyota Code 033:
fenderfreshpaintOCT12.jpg

fender2infreshpaintOCT12.jpg

dash2infreshpaintOCT12.jpg

passsidefreshpaintOCT12.jpg

Looks good, breath deep for the best buzz.

Jorge is the paint guru , and he has a great set up at his place to do it.

I got some more good news...Rocky Mtn. Land Cruiser Association voted to donate $200 to the TLCA Raffle Truck, even though being in Canada likely prohibits them from participating in the raffle. Now that's what I call putting the TLCA organization's interests ahead of your own personal interests!

This really a great donation and one I hope that other clubs look to as inspiration to step up and do their share for TLCA.

Thank you Kevin and the Rocky Mountain Land Cruiser Association.

awesome.
Btw, any thought to putting an article in Trails to highlight the build?
This way the build can reach every reader/member.

Yes.

Since the September TLCA conference call, I've emailed with Trails Editor (Todd K.) about that. I will finish a draft and put it in email to club members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom