rack with the lowest profile (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who makes the lowest profile rack?

Also, has anyone damaged their rack or truck because a parking garage had items that were lower than the marked height/safety bar? Will the garage pay for it? Even worth trying?

Garage was marked 6’8” and I cleared the safety bar at the entrance but this section was much lower than marked. Thankfully it didn’t hit on the awning side.

The yellow markings are usually for a pedestrian walkway not a height thing. I had to swing wide into a tight space. It doesn’t look like it in the photo but the low item comes out past it anyway.

😡
IMG_6749.jpeg
IMG_6750.jpeg
IMG_6751.jpeg

Sorry to hear about that, Chris. I used to have an E350 work van that would clear the height bar in one particular parking deck but wouldn't clear much of the sprinkler system lines. I had to hope I could weave around them and would usually just arrive loaded for the gig early morning before the deck filled up, then uber back to shop until load in time. Departure was never an issue because it was always around 2am when the deck was mostly empty. Every one of my requests to the property managers about the situation went unanswered.

I won't bother detailing here the time I drove a Penske into a downtown bridge that I couldn't clear by 8". I stopped just in time...in the middle of a 5-point intersection at rush hour. Well, just in time means I whacked it but the fiberglass top bounced back and didn't leak for the next couple days of heavy rain.

If you still have to factory rails you could install 80/20 extruded aluminum cross braces that can sit at the same height as factory rails

I think I meant to post this in the 60 series forum d’oh

Ended up going with a load bar kit from Front Runner. It’s actually for a Range Rover Classic but fits perfectly. I have a 3rd bar on order.

IMG_7071.jpeg

I have a full Front Runner Slimline rack, but instead of the Front Runner feet I have Gamiviti adjustable feet. I have them set as low as possible and i THINK pulls the whole thing closer to the body, but i don't have any measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom