The Wall of Shame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wall of shame might be the only way I'll get notoriety. I'm half serious.:D

So I actually have the apron emblems for my truck but the anchors are broken off. In order to be a good PO and not wind up on the wall of shame, is the only recourse buying new fender aprons? Or is there some sort of an approved glue for this application? (I’m half serious).
Until I can afford new ones, I am using 3M 2 sided tape. I figured if modern Mr Toyota uses it now, it should be OK

Body filler at the time seemed like a good idea
9E3FB59D-A674-465A-BC15-14CA1A024838.jpeg

I always love OSHA-approved welding footwear. ;)

View attachment 2441834

I was scarfing plate off a structural steel frame and had a piece of slag burn through canvas top work boots and land between two toes. Hurt like hell and took a long time to heal. I got the boot off FAST, but not fast enough! Yeah, it's funny until it's you :mad:

Last edited:
I was scarfing plate off a structural steel frame and had a piece of slag burn through canvas top work boots and land between two toes. Hurt like hell and took a long time to heal. I got the boot off FAST, but not fast enough! Yeah, it's funny until it's you :mad:

Bet sandals would have come off quicker 😜

In all seriousness I've had welding sparks cut through my sneakers and lodge in my socks. No fun.

Last edited:
Locking glove compartment. Niiiiice.....View attachment 2443247

Should be thankful didn't cut a hole large enough for a lock. Had at least one of those. Screw holes are easier to fill. Down side it the dash has holesn as well. Any 40 series owner who has the sickness would just grab another glovebox door from their stash. Dash itself has to be repaired.:(

Here's a good one - drain plug for the transmission.. Spent more money on orange RTV than the crush washer cost.

Drain plug with RTV all over it.jpg

Today’s entry: I rest my case...transfer case that is. Testimonial that case savers aren’t always needed. Hi speed gear was whacked, turned the high speed side of the idler gear into shaveable teeth, hi-lo shift collar took out the output shaft. And finally the rear output bearing seized and exploded! BUT THE CASE HELD!!!
C21D93E2-A215-44A5-84F5-179802814CB7.jpeg

PO used a stamp of some sort to hold down the plunger for the accelrator pump. Anyone got any ideas to get that out? Ive already tried a dental pick to try and pry it out.

CB9D98CE-118E-4D16-81BA-E22E08CEFED6.jpeg

PO used a stamp of some sort to hold down the plunger for the accelrator pump. Anyone got any ideas to get that out? Ive already tried a dental pick to try and pry it out.

View attachment 2849769
I use an exacto knife to clean the edge, and a 1/8” drill bit on a slow setting down the middle of the stopper. The whole operation usually takes less than a minute. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom