The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM is long-gone. You will need to see if there is an aftermarket copy out there or have a muffler shop build one for you.

I work in rapid prototyping and additive manufacturing. I've been looking over some of the discontinued parts and I am wondering which parts are in most demand? We can even print sand molds overnight for sand casting things like intake manifolds, steering knuckles etc etc.

Steering knuckles and manifolds are still available from Toyota.

53207-60101 discontinued

i’m sure there are knock offs somewhere, but this is no longer available.

Last edited:
Washer/ reservoir assembly 85315-60071 for USA spec 80 series from 1993-1997 w/o the head lamp washers is now NLA

It's only going to get worse.

Washer/ reservoir assembly 85315-60071 for USA spec 80 series from 1993-1997 w/o the head lamp washers is now NLA

Hold on... There is always more than one way to skin a cat :).

It looks to me that part # 85325-60061 will fit just fine. It looks like the same bottle minus the fancy filter screen that we got here in NA. Partsouq has them for $45 as opposed to the $100+ you would have paid for the same bottle with filter screen from a Toyota dealer here in NA. My guess is that the old screen will drop right in to the new bottle. I ordered one (85325-60061) from Partsouq and will report back in this post if it indeed is identical to our NA washer fluid bottles.

Edit 2/8/20 - part 85325-60061 is a direct drop-in replacement for 85315-60071 however it is only about 1/2 the capacity of 60071. The filter screen will fit in either bottle.

Last edited:
Even though I started this thread many years ago as things were just starting to discontinue for the 80 series, the increasing rapid pace of part number deletions really has me nostalgic and accepting of certain manufacturing and monetary realities:

1. Toyota is in it for the money. Don’t ever fool yourself otherwise.

2. Toyota can not justify financially continuing to make their suppliers manufacture parts that don’t sell; or that rarely do.

It’s actually useful to study the -60071 PN as a good case study:

66375DE7-CAD2-48DC-8FA0-232FF4252A04.jpeg

Class Code is a C9 which would generally mean that it’s fast moving enough for a number of depots to stock it in a given region (this case, North America in toto).

That says to me the discontinuation was a supplier decision; that it was a monetary decision on their part when the bean counters look at part number movement across their customer base.

ASMO—as the supplier—can easily go to Toyota and say that “these parts are not making us any money; we have to cancel their production to concentrate capacity on PNs that are making us money and show demand enough to increase production capacity.”

Toyota will always allow suppliers to make good supply decisions that benefit the supplier as well as Toyota, aggregate.

Anyway, just some random thoughts.

Even though I started this thread many years ago as things were just starting to discontinue for the 80 series, the increasing rapid pace of part number deletions really has me nostalgic and accepting of certain manufacturing and monetary realit

2. Toyota can not justify financially continuing to make their suppliers manufacture parts that don’t sell; or that rarely do.

View attachment 2199471

Class Code is a C9 which would generally mean that it’s fast moving enough for a number of depots to stock it in a given region (this case, North America in toto

That says to me the discontinuation was a supplier decision; that it was a monetary decision on their part when the bean counters look at part number movement across their customer base.

ASMO—as the supplier—can easily go to Toyota and say that “these parts are not making us any money; we have to cancel their production to concentrate capacity on PNs that are making us money and show demand enough to increase production capacity.”

Toyota will always allow suppliers to make good supply decisions that benefit the supplier as well as Toyota, aggregate.

Right, so when you buy cheap parts from RockAuto or Autozone or wherever you are actually helping to kill off the OEM supply of parts.

Sad :(

Cheers

Even though I started this thread many years ago as things were just starting to discontinue for the 80 series, the increasing rapid pace of part number deletions really has me nostalgic and accepting of certain manufacturing and monetary realities:

View attachment 2199471

Class Code is a C9 which would generally mean that it’s fast moving enough for a number of depots to stock it in a given region (this case, North America in toto).

Capital equipment reaching the end of its life often provokes those supplier discussions. Plastic molds wear out and although the supplier is still making $20 per unit gross margin it simply doesn’t pencil to spend $50k on a new mold. Another scenario is simply space needed for a new program.

More random thoughts...

Nice find. I just looked up some images for 85325-60061. It appears that it will fit. However part 85325-60061 appears to be a much smaller capacity reservoir compared to 60071 In my 93 80 series. My guess is 60061 was installed for trucks going to climates with no snow minimal rain or with barn style doors and perhaps no rear washer.

@ToothDr called it 👍 ... Washer bottle 85325-60061 (that appears to be the only bottle still available) is a direct drop-in to our NA 80s but is about 1/2 the capacity. Both the bottle our NA trucks use, as well as the bottle the headlamp washer models use, appear to be discontinued.

Washer.jpg

Note - Never confuse discontinued with not available :)... It just makes sourcing the part that much more of a challenge :beer:

I'm close to having the filler replacements ready to go. The tubing portion is all set, just working on the bracket angles. I'm doing just the horizontal portion that rusts, keeping the vertical part stock and splicing them like the dual tank filler does. Should make removal easier.
IMG_20200220_154346_128.jpg
IMG_20200220_154346_128.jpg

I am going to chime in here and say I think it is real BS for some people to be holding back info, such as part #'s, misleading people as to what is available, buying stock overseas anyone of us can get and marking it up 2-3x and putting it on their website. They even have the gall to get on the forum and brag about what they found and have for sale. How about the part number bro rather than your attempts to mark up Toyota parts?

Not to mention some of the stock is limited so when so and so does this they are not helping the community, they are hoarding and making money off you/us.

Paying more for parts from a guy like @Onur is/was different. He offered a service not just parts. Or work with Dave at Japan4x4, his prices are excellent and his service is top notch. Or CruiserOutfitters, they have some of the best prices on OEM parts.

This whole middle man thing with OEM parts is pretty new school in the Cruiser community. I have literally seen XX amount in stock at such and such Toyota site, next thing I know that stock is gone and it is listed on so and so's (middle man) site here in the USA marked up considerably. That is BS and it irritates me, it is also why I don't share part numbers or info much anymore. I am more than happy to share that with DIY owners but it is the creepers, hoarders and middle man I don't care to give the info to and they have no issues taking advantage. I also get that a lot of people are to lazy to find the parts themselves, so for them a middle man is A-ok.

This is capitalism thought right? Sure is but it is also a community of enthusiasts and friends.

Cheers

1FZ-FE head availability 20/03 11101-69107
1FZ-FE heads. Available still. Kanban indicates a manufacture and ship to US at the beginning of January.

Tells us that manufacture orders/pulls are still occurring—at least from the service parts side of things.

1EA388AF-BE72-466E-8049-7206C0ABDFDA.jpeg
763028C8-169D-404B-97E0-1428C78AD58A.jpeg
3D444A12-9508-4408-9877-E7DB6EB3A170.jpeg
16192E23-4B54-4FDB-8810-90D2B6CB32DE.jpeg

Some people seem to think this is NLA.

C6703D21-871E-4AAA-8908-F11B5A90B075.jpeg

Obviously it is not. This is the o-ring/seal for the oil level sensor.

Cheers

Onur, so you’re saying that new heads can be purchased after Jan 2021 or are they available now?

What I am saying is that the date code on the kanban indicates when it was manufactured. So, that indicates that new heads are still being manufactured (that the head wasn't just sitting on a shelf from many months ago).

80 SERIES REAR OEM NEW CALIPERS
A slight change in rear brake calipers part numbers.

Options used to be 47730-60070/47750-60070 and 47730-60110/47750-60110. Toyota has now superseded the former number to the latter.

Fitment is exactly the same and applicable to all 80 series trucks 8/1992 and later.

You can see here new iterations vs remanufactured option of -84.

The new ones are ready for pads and retention clips.

24191B3C-F99E-4DDA-B9B1-5CD2FF5900F8.jpeg

31C15B03-6210-42A3-A2D5-0726F9FF3B7A.jpeg

DD2823D5-874E-44FF-A1A1-274938D3EF88.jpeg

New slide pins and boots already installed:

FFA82A13-AEF6-4B62-AF51-49736825AAB8.jpeg

Pistons are new and installed with new bouts and springs.

26268DF9-2D21-4B06-AC68-D4B19BE849B7.jpeg

80 SERIES REAR OEM NEW CALIPERS
You can see here the stamping for Aisin Takaoka (AT) which is a Toyota Group company that specializes in metal castings and machinings— especially for brake components:

9541E64E-44BD-4827-8DEF-3578BDC59BB8.jpeg

You can read more about Aisin Takaoka here:

.5MM OVER 1FZ PISTONS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom