The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a fair amount about vehicles, and the landcruisers, but it’s clear that if a $3,000 vehicle requires a part that is $1,000, and another vehicle costs $10,000 for a part that is still in production (& far cheaper), that the newer one is going to be cheaper in maintenance/replacing parts in the long term. Unless the older model doesn’t cause any problems of course...

Yeah but remember the 80 series Land Cruisers are ~$55k vehicles to Toyota not $3k vehicles. The secondary market for any manufacturer is completely irrelevant when it comes to OEM parts prices. Which is why there is an aftermarket for people who consider their 80s $3000 vehicles.

Also, comparing any other vehicle to an 80 series is like comparing an apple to the sweetest orange on the planet which when consumed no other fruit will ever be as satisfying.

And finally, it has happened. Sad day.

A343F transmissions for the 1FZ powered 80 series trucks are now officially discontinued.

This means there are no more automatic transmissions available from Toyota for the 1FZ powered 80 series truck.

35010-60541-84: DISCONTINUED

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 13.24.57.png

Oak sunvisors
Collectors Edition badges and floor mats
40th Anniverary decals and mats
Rear OEM carpet
Black chrome Colllectors Edition badging

If someone can reproduce this stuff to OEM spec....they stand to make a great deal of money.

Oak sunvisors
Collectors Edition badges and floor mats
40th Anniverary decals and mats
Rear OEM carpet
Black chrome Colllectors Edition badging
If someone can reproduce this stuff to OEM spec....they stand to make a great deal of money.

Sorry to tell you this, but no, they won't make a great deal of money. In fact it would cost them alot of money to tool up to make those items. For a market that is only getting smaller by the day due to attrition.

Just as an FYI the total number of 80 series trucks imported into this country during their entire 7 year model run was just 74730 units. Even if all those trucks were still on the road today, and they aren't. That's just not a larger enough pool of potential buyers to warrant the capital investment to reproduce those parts.

Plus the parts you listed were not installed on all 74730 trucks, that's due to some of them being available as only 1 off options, that'll further shrink your pool of potential buyers.

between 1973 and 1987 roughly 93,000 40, 55, 60 combined variants were imported to the US. Just under 75,000 FJ80/FZJ80 imported between 1990 (sold as 91s) and 1997.

Interesting, my local dealership said there’s none in North America. Couldn’t find any on amamya or Toyota parts deal. I found used on cruiser outfitters though. I’ll have to look into it

Correct. A dealer will not have any idea what you are talking about and the other sites are not informational. They are transactional.

As I stated, use the Denso number on the resistor itself (if available) and call a Japanese parts source and discuss. They can procure the Denso versions of them.

They mention anecdotally, in vid below, that there aren't many 1FZ-FE short blocks left in stock. Anyone know how many are available for sale in the USA?

And which is the one that comes with all the goodies v bare short block?

11400-66041 list price $4544.84
11400-66040 $3215.93

Thanks.

These two have no idea what they are talking about. "Rare" :lol: "Just happened to be sitting at a depot." :lol:

More cluelessness.

11400-66041 is the correct part number for the short block with all the rotating assembly bits inside.

The stuff in the picture is what is included.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 15.20.18.png

IMG_4914.JPG

As you can see by the part number kanban, the delivery date from Toyota Industries to TMC in Japan was August 30, 2017. It was more than likely manufactured within 2-3 days previous to that date.

IMG_6176.JPG

Long blocks were not serviced. The short block is as big as it gets

Ironically most of the engine builders that I have talked to that build engines for big boost actually suggest that you start with an old good condition engine block since it has already heat cycled.

But getting a new short block sure is a nice way to go!

Until its gets bored and stroked /standaloned with 50lbs of boost !!! :)

Last edited:
Ironically most of the engine builders that I have talked to that build engines for big boost actually suggest that you start with an old good condition engine block since it has already heat cycled.

But getting a new short block sure is a nice way to go!

Robbie has said the same thing to me many times.

Sounds like I got one of the last ones. I just finished a engine rebuild and bought that 1FZ short block from olathe toyota and it shipped from a warehouse in Montana

There is no warehouse in Montana. Nice -66041 though.

Olathe Toyota gets their parts from the KC depot.

I looked around bout 30 minutes ago for part # 3592160140, control position indicator, and NLA.:confused: If this is a repeat, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom