The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't look like very challenging terrain at all. They are driving through a village. I know there is much more challenging terrain than that in the States.

I don't think it is really about the "toughness" of the terrain. Here in the States, many times we choose the most difficult line just to see if we can make it. In my experience of installing solar water pumping systems in rural Africa for the last 20 years, you choose the easiest line to minimize the chance of breaking equipment as you need to be totally self sufficient. There are no RTH posts about I need "this bolt" or "how do I troubleshoot this". If you need to replace a piece of broken hardware to get moving you either improvise, or it can be a two day motorcycle ride to a dirt airstrip and then a plane ride back to the capital to find the part.

So yes, the training video does look like easy terrain, but the whole idea is to keep your equipment functional to get your job accomplished.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust:

This one sucks for the 1993-1994 folks.

The heater hose that comes off of the heater by-pass pipe from the top of the thermostat housing and feed the pipe that runs along the PS side of the engine: 87245-60490.

Now discontinued.
Anyone have an alternative? I just noticed mine should be replaced. Somehow use straight hose or ?

Yeah, these guys are really "overlanding".... None of the pansy stuff here in the States....

Yeah, worked with these guys in Haiti. They had nothing on our team ;)

La la la la. I hear nothing!

Rear door lock assemblies are now discontinued:

69330-60061
69340-60061

Actuators: 69130-60010 and 69140-60010 are still available.

Just reading this thread stresses me out. Judging by all I have read here my wallet will soon be discontinued.

There are actually only two kinds of Land Cruiser parts.

Expensive or discontinued......

There are actually only two kinds of Land Cruiser parts.

Expensive or discontinued......

Very True. But, seems like parts in general for any car are expensive. My Honda, my wife's Pathfinder, my work truck and vans...

Very True. But, seems like parts in general for any car are expensive. My Honda, my wife's Pathfinder, my work truck and vans...

Agree, Nissan parts is expensive, try Mitsubishi, your jaw will fall to the ground. A waterpump for 2007 Mitsubishi Mirage retail for $189!! I find genuine parts for Toyota and Honda are very reasonable given its top quality high standard material used.

Agree, Nissan parts is expensive, try Mitsubishi, your jaw will fall to the ground. A waterpump for 2007 Mitsubishi Mirage retail for $189!! I find genuine parts for Toyota and Honda are very reasonable given its top quality high standard material used.

Yes. As I got into cars I went from a Trail Duster to a Cavalier then from there it was Audi and the three volvos. Then toyota. After years of it you aren't phased anymore.

So, is part 85214-YZZB6 - wiper inserts for the 80 series discontinued as well. That's the message I just got from an online yota dealer for these. Just the rubber portion of the wiper blade, not the metal inserts to hold it stiff.

Available? Guess I now have to go aftermarket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom