The canal boat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delta makes sliders, might be able to talk to them and get them added into your order :popcorn:
While you are at it, might as well get the matching deltaVS rear bumper
And their roof rack looks pretty cool
And in preparation for a lift, might as well get some of their radius arms
And the center console cooler thing also looks pretty neat

:grinpimp:

Delta makes sliders, might be able to talk to them and get them added into your order :popcorn:
While you are at it, might as well get the matching deltaVS rear bumper
And their roof rack looks pretty cool
And in preparation for a lift, might as well get some of their radius arms
And the center console cooler thing also looks pretty neat

:grinpimp:

I have a lift with caster correction

I doubt I'll add a roof rack

I don't want their center console because I'd lose my fridge

I want a different set of sliders

I am pretty sure the dissent rear bumper is in the cards.

In preparation for my bumper and Baja squadron lights I looked into wiring

Baja wants like $70 for a harness. Can't pay that for something I can build with stuff in my shop.

Grabbed a relay, switch, a couple inline fuses and started mapping out how it'll run.
I'm going to use my underhood power point.
I'll run constant to the relay and switched power off acc to the switch.
5 amp inline for the switch and 30 amp for the lights. I had to run to Napa to get the connectors to mate up with the lights.

I'll build the harness tomorrow as I have to work shortly.

20220313_173632.jpg
20220313_173638.jpg
20220313_183149.jpg
20220313_183641.jpg

This stuffs super simple, but it's nice to work on things that aren't broken.

I mounted the switch and wires it up. I made a small bracket for the relay. I'll mount and wire the relay tomorrow and just leave a hot lead for when the bumper gets here and I know exactly where the lights will go.

20220314_084630.jpg
20220314_084845.jpg
20220314_100420.jpg
20220314_100559.jpg
20220314_100738.jpg

Well some bits and pieces have been showing up.
I'm going to bypass the radiator. Install a larger transmission cooler and run -6 an braided hose with an fittings. I also plan to install a temp gauge. So I picked this up from radd cruisers. It's a stock union that's drilled for a 1/8 npt sending unit. I tapped it. Also pictured is my new dump pipe gasket.

20220503_064726.jpg

20220502_220910.jpg

This morning my 3" legendex exhaust showed up from Australia.
Superior 4x4 had a fair price and shipping and got it here fast.
The install was obscenely easy. 2 hours start to finish. It's a huge improvement over stock. I do wish it was inside the frame rails, but oh well.

The stock large muffler was falling apart. I had 1 broken hanger. I replaced all 3 anyways. The factory flex pipe had definitely seen better days.

This is the stock system. Notice how crimped the exhaust is where it went over the rear cross member.
20220503_110121.jpg
20220503_110130.jpg
20220503_110136.jpg
20220503_110142.jpg
20220503_110149.jpg

Why are you modifying the trans cooling system? The factory set up runs quite cool.

Why are you modifying the trans cooling system? The factory set up runs quite cool.

I am doing it because on the hydraulic a442f they run hot as hell. I've seen mine over heat way to easy when driving on fire roads or slow trails.

I only get converter lockup in 4th gear above 35 or 40 mph. So on anything slow it gets hot.

Running atf through a radiator full of 200 degree coolant isnt helping keep it that cool.

On numerous rigs I've seen dramatic temp decreases when bypassing the factory radiator.

Last edited:
I was not aware that the non electronic 442 could get hot easily. Never read that. I look forward to reading about the outcome.

I was not aware that the non electronic 442 could get hot easily. Never read that. I look forward to reading about the outcome.

The first time I got mine hot I did some reading to see what the hell. Basically due to converter lock up almost all back roads have to be driven on lo range to allow lock up.

Nice to see the exhaust. Progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom