The canal boat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love my Cruise, but deep down I’m a Ford guy. No hate Mail please.
Dig the Lighting and the 66 so cool that it’s a father daughter project, the time spent wrenching with her is priceless.

I love my Cruise, but deep down I’m a Ford guy. No hate Mail please.
Dig the Lighting and the 66 so cool that it’s a father daughter project, the time spent wrenching with her is priceless.

I buy whatever fits my desires best.

Ford doesn't have anything comparable to the land cruiser.

I wanted solid axles. Diesel. 4 doors. Reliable.

I had been looking at suburbans a little but just didn't want the size.

I've owned audis, bmw's, ford's, Hondas, gm of all manners, Subaru, Mazda, Saturn....

The 80 is my second Toyota.

I buy whatever fits my desires best.

Ford doesn't have anything comparable to the land cruiser.

I wanted solid axles. Diesel. 4 doors. Reliable.

I had been looking at suburbans a little but just didn't want the size.

I've owned audis, bmw's, ford's, Hondas, gm of all manners, Subaru, Mazda, Saturn....

The 80 is my second Toyota.
At 62 I have bought and sold more cars than I can remember.
My favorites have been Fords especially the early broncos that I owned if they weren’t 75 to a 100 k for a clean one I would have one now.
I really like my Diesel Dully tow rig with 450 hp and 950 foot pounds of torque it’s stupid powerful.
There’s no doubt about Toyota reliability and 80 series are one of the best over built rigs ever.
In the end it’s Whatever makes you happy

Leave it be man. Btw, we didn’t wear seat belts back then. We lived dangerously rather than safely.

At 62 I have bought and sold more cars than I can remember.
My favorites have been Fords especially the early broncos that I owned if they weren’t 75 to a 100 k for a clean one I would have one now.
I really like my Diesel Dully tow rig with 450 hp and 950 foot pounds of torque it’s stupid powerful.
There’s no doubt about Toyota reliability and 80 series are one of the best over built rigs ever.
In the end it’s Whatever makes you happy

I loved my early bronco. I had a 74 that I sold in 2008 for 7500... I can't afford one now.

Glad you have the cruiser back. I too really like the early Broncos. International Scouts can be cool too, but the Broncos are just better imo.

Glad you have the cruiser back. I too really like the early Broncos. International Scouts can be cool too, but the Broncos are just better imo.

I'm glad it's back too. I've got probably 350 km's on it now with no complaints. It'll be in the shop tomorrow for some little bits and bobbles.

I just picked mine up today as well. It was a chunk of change, but I got a lot of what would have been weekend burning tasks for me taken care of in one fell swoop. Now I need to get out into the woods.

Mike, did you update your thread? I had no idea you were doing any major maintenance.

Dusten, glad you got your s*** fixed. What’s next?

Mike, did you update your thread? I had no idea you were doing any major maintenance.

Dusten, glad you got your s*** fixed. What’s next?

Nothing big. Finish the stereo. Trail tailor front hooks. New hand primer. Service the drive shafts. Fender flare trim. Find the source of my water intrusion and fix it. I've read a few threads and I'm pretty sure I know the cause.

Later this winter, rear brakes and a lokka.

Today was one of those days where I wanted to set the rig on fire.

I did an acsd delete and replaced the hand primer and that's it. I managed to fight the acsd enough that it took my limited free time today.

The unit is held on by 5mm Allen's. And most of them stripped before moving. 2 I removed with my impact screw driver and an Allen. The other 3 I notched with my grinder and used a large flat head on the impact screw driver. I replaced them all with bolts. I have a large collection of OEM bolts so I had a ton that were perfect.

I was going to clean the interior and try and figure out my deck. But that'll wait. My daughter has softball tomorrow and my son and his friend want to go to the silver tips game. I also start third shift tomorrow so it'll be a long day.

The acsd delete plate

20220130_001904.jpg

The new hand primer without a leaky fuel pre-heater

20220130_001857.jpg

The canal boat in the garage. This is a rare site.
20220129_180846.jpg

And a sticker on my tools cart that explained my whole day

20220129_181159.jpg

When I bought the land cruiser it had a non functional Japanese stereo and 30 year old stock paper speakers.

I got around to installing an Alpine deck, Polk speakers and an older fosgate sub and box. The sub and box can be removed in seconds for when we go camping if I need space.

20220201_094155.jpg
20220201_095712.jpg
20220201_095723.jpg

20220201_095732.jpg

So I finally washed it. Something I haven't done since I bought it. Between weather and mechanical issues I never had time.

After washing it I drove it out to a little phot spot I like.

20220208_092023.jpg
20220208_092004.jpg
20220208_091947.jpg

I also looked at my fuel log. My fuel mileage prior to putting 35's on it was 17.3 mpg when corrected for the tire size on it.
This was over a period of about 1500 miles.

Since the 35's I haven't got a clean tank. Rebuild of the trans and a few wheeling trips. Those tanks averaged 15.5 mpg when corrected.

Today I filled up my first tank that I'd call normal driving for me. Back and forth to work and to my kids after school stuff.
I saw 16.7 this tank. If I can average mid 16s I'll be pretty happy. And 15 with some off roading means I have a safe range of 350+ miles without carrying fuel.

Glad you finally got that rig back from the tranny shop. Now you can finally get to the missing front bumper end, lol. Good looking truck!
So I finally washed it. Something I haven't done since I bought it. Between weather and mechanical issues I never had time.

After washing it I drove it out to a little phot spot I like.

View attachment 2918437View attachment 2918438View attachment 2918439

I also looked at my fuel log. My fuel mileage prior to putting 35's on it was 17.3 mpg when corrected for the tire size on it.
This was over a period of about 1500 miles.

Since the 35's I haven't got a clean tank. Rebuild of the trans and a few wheeling trips. Those tanks averaged 15.5 mpg when corrected.

Today I filled up my first tank that I'd call normal driving for me. Back and forth to work and to my kids after school stuff.
I saw 16.7 this tank. If I can average mid 16s I'll be pretty happy. And 15 with some off roading means I have a safe range of 350+ miles without carrying fuel.

Glad you finally got that rig back from the tranny shop. Now you can finally get to the missing front bumper end, lol. Good looking truck!

That bumper is infuriating. It'll be a bit because I need to buy a winch so my fab guy can build a bumper around it.

After the trans, tow bills, rental car and such I'm tapped

Picking away at the little things that bug me.

My foglight and headlight washer switch both had burned out bulbs
Along with my CDL switch and rear defroster.

Actually it turns out there's no bulb in the defrost switch. So I'll have to research that.
The orange light works when it's on.

20220209_220442.jpg
20220209_220838.jpg
20220209_221924.jpg
20220209_221733.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom