The Beer Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stopped by New Belgium for lunch yesterday they have a new lime ale dogs seemed to like the box and left the bottles tried the ale last night it was pretty good true lime taste also tried a Blackberry sour as part of their Lips of Faith series that was really good and also had Anne Francois that was awesome wife drove home.

FB_IMG_1485650541294.jpg

Somebody who finally notices! Green scored 3/4" shy of B&C. Got him about 3/4 mile south of the CO/WY border near Slater, CO in 2006

Fantastic!

I'm happy to know you got him in this great state. If you ever are out again and need some company, let me know!

We hunt pronghorn and deer out by Kiowa CO. I've got a couple nice ones out there this year.

We do an annual meat processing day with my extended family - this year will be around 800 lbs with the collective harvest!

@shellb Will do. Was supposed to go out in 2016 but this was also a massive check writing year on the house so that did not happen.

I am not a good judge of those critters and neither was the gentleman I was hunting with that day. Our conversation went something like this ...

"There's one"
"Nah, he's not much"
"Are you sure?" <== me
"Well, he's OK now that I look at him a bit more ............. actually he's pretty good but there are better ................ no, you better sneak over to that fence post and see if you can take him!"

First shot was 425-430 yards. He turned and motored off and second shot was ~500 yards. Both connected where they were placed with the second shot anchoring him.

Truly the only game animal that actually got bigger as I approached him.

He'd be record book if he wasn't asymmetrical ... but he is still very nice.

And for this thread, my hunt was over as I had bagged an elk earlier so I had a few beers. Don't recall what kind but likely Coors (tasty any way)

OK .... I'm hardly a Molson fan, but I do appreciate a good commercial.

@Rice I raise you one Canadian, eh?

Picked up a Sweetwater Tackle Box. I just love their beer.

Sipping the Hash Session IPA right now.

Decent haul from the capital city yesterday

On tap-
Great lakes Chillwave DIPA. Awesome

To go-
Enjoy by 2/14
Evil twin modern ipa- damn tasty
Anchorage brewing company ipa
Champion brew co - fruit basket
Great divide - hop disciples. Yum!
Lynwood - once you go black ipa
epic - tart n tasty Sour ipa

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

Last edited:
and been enjoying this aviator session IPA now that food lion has finally upgraded the choices in BFE ;)

ChopShop
IMG_0407.JPG

That's a well staged photo.

Excited that the local Ingles is now carrying 12 packs of Highland Mandarina - I can drink this all day like a session at 5%abv..... so good and so much cheaper than the sixer.

mans.jpg

co-worker of significant other gave these to us as her husband can no longer drink - sorry for him but score for us :)

dsa.jpg

May be a bit out of the territory, but I've gotta say; New Hampshire used to SUCK for beers.
MA was ok. Maine was solid, but VT ruled New England. Since I've been up here for several weeks now, I have concluded NH has come along way.
This evening I had:
Great North - Tie Dyed pale ale 5.2%
Able Ebenezer - Burn the Ships smoked IPA 7%
Great North - Robust Vanilla Porter 6.5%
All were very solid representations.

Next time @JohnVee is up in this beck of the woods I can provide much better recommendations than the last time. And since I'm here, I'll buy a round or three.

Next time @JohnVee is up in this beck of the woods I can provide much better recommendations than the last time. And since I'm here, I'll buy a round or three.
Well, I was gonna stay in Boston this year instead of venturing north again, but since you're buying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom