The Beer Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same...I had no idea. Off to find it. I love that beer.

Seriously fond memories drinking at the retail place in Charlotte with you watching soccer!

that was the day of the xmas party in 2012..... went in to grab some beers for the party ended up watching soccer and drinking about 7 of those on tap. Got to the party a little later than I expected.

Last edited:
that was the day of the xmas parting in 2012..... went in to grab some beers for the party ended up watching soccer and drinking about 7 of those on tap. Got to the party a little later than I expected.
Was that the party at my house? Can't remember when I had that.

Was that the party at my house? Can't remember when I had that.
no for the barn party, pretty crazy day... spent all day drinking at good bottle, got to the barn, drank till 3am and then had to get up at 6am because Brett had to go to work super early on a Sunday.

the xmas party at your house was wild also... mostly thanks to Sarah and Andrea throwing stink bombs around.. LOL

no for the barn party, pretty crazy day... spent all day drinking at good bottle, got to the barn, drank till 3am and then had to get up at 6am because Brett had to go to work super early on a Sunday.

the xmas party at your house was wild also... mostly thanks to Sarah and Andrea throwing stink bombs around.. LOL

Oh yes! You are totally right. Crazy.

I think Penelope sleeping in the truck was a bit unexpected at 3am...

I found these at my local discount beer cave (Exxon walk in cooler) yesterday. $3.99, $2.99, $3.99. Anybody coming to the CLT meeting on Sunday will be very close to here if you want to pick some up.
IMG_7010.JPG

After 5 weeks of living in a new city and state, I finally found a beer store tonight. I think I can live with this selection.

IMG_4294.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG
Good day at the "local" beer store for me. A sampling of what has been imported to the lake

View attachment 1386217 Good day at the "local" beer store for me. A sampling of what has been imported to the lake

I saw those "Enjoy By"s at my local bottle shop but chocolate and coffee doesn't exactly excite me. Let us know how they were, depending on your review, I might have to circle back.

that's a hell of a pickup there

Curious whether the "So Happens it's Tuesday" by The Bruery will live up to the review by the manager. However I need a special occasion to open it. He pulled the 2015 BCBS out from behind a box on the lowest rack-similar to how Good Bottle Co display's their beers. I can't wait to see what other goodies he can acquire.

IMG_1481.JPG
@GLTHFJ60 per request, my review. The first sip is a bit strong and the coffee flavor overpowers the chocolate. Follow on sips are better - perhaps the initial one is just a bit of a shock - but coffee flavor predominates the first flavor with a hoppy IPA finish.

Drinking this with dinner and finding food (even a salad) dulls the coffee and brings out the chocolate.

Overall worth a bottle or two. I give it a thumbs up for different flavors. Like you, I am not a coffee beer fan, but am glad I was talked into it.

Oh yeah, at 9.4% alcohol, it comes out swinging :beer:

Last edited:
glad they decided to do a coffee IPA again its been years since stone did the first one

View attachment 1388544 @GLTHFJ60 per request, my review. The first sip is a bit strong and the coffee flavor overpowers the chocolate. Follow on sips are better - perhaps the initial one is just a bit of a shock - but coffee flavor predominates the first flavor with a hoppy IPA finish.

Drinking this with dinner and finding food (even a salad) dulls the coffee and brings out the chocolate.

Overall worth a bottle or two. I give it a thumbs up for different flavors. Like you, I am not a coffee beer fan, but am glad I was talked into it.

Oh yeah, at 9.4% alcohol, it comes out swinging :beer:

Thanks brother, will definitely have to try it now :cheers:

Sam - That's a nice pronghorn!

Somebody who finally notices! Green scored 3/4" shy of B&C. Got him about 3/4 mile south of the CO/WY border near Slater, CO in 2006

Sam - That's a nice pronghorn!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have 5 on there i've never had... that Dark Lord is on my beer bucket list but having to fly to indiana on a certain day to get it makes it out of my reach for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom