Tailgate weatherstripping???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you find an inexpensive option for piggy tailgate weatherstripping from all your internet searches

Actually, Seth's weatherstripping I found quite reasonable compared to what I had to pay for a similar piece for the '60 from Toyota!

Actually, Seth's weatherstripping I found quite reasonable compared to what I had to pay for a similar piece for the '60 from Toyota!

You are soooo correct, and let me say this, "I will buy this weatherstripping from Seth, soon." I have looked and priced old weatherstripping for different vehicles and the prices are competitive. I also keep hearing how pleased people are with the repro quality. I also would like to support Seth (and similar Cruiser vendors) for undertaking this and other unobtanium repros for our pigs. I have been trying to get my rig on the road for so long that weatherstripping has fallen to the bottom of the list for now.

No. I bought one from Seth 4 weeks ago and still have not gotten it. Talked with him a week ago and he said it would go out in a couple days. Left v-mail and e-mail messages but no response. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

Are you on Birfield. I am changing over email (dial up to new DSL) and noticed email on my old pump house pc that said something about PV Cruisers going out of service????????? Do you know anything about this?

I will go boot up the old PC out there later tonight. I don't get that email packet on this current email address .

I finally got it. Took a while and a little prompting. Seth is a good guy. JUst has some issues right now. He said he was getting out of the cruiser business and selling his stock to someone else and they will be charging more. SO if you need one now or in the future I suggest you get in touch with him.

It is a really good product.

He said he was getting out of the cruiser business and selling his stock to someone else and they will be charging more. SO if you need one now or in the future I suggest you get in touch with him.

It is a really good product.

DOH! Time to pony up. :)

Looks like I'm a day late and dollar short when it comes to getting supplies for my Pig. Anyone know the status on Pig weatherstripping? Are these available through anyone else?

Thanks.

A really great set of upper and lower one peace fiber glass replacement front finders would be the bees knees. Still ones would even be much better.

Cabe Toyota now has the stuff that used to be sold by PV Cruiser. It's top notch stuff. Doesn't get any better.

Doesn't SOR have the upper and lower front fenders in fiberglass? If I remember correctly, they do. Found it when I was sniffing around for door trim.

Awesome. This is useful information - thanks!

I am trying to remember what Seth's weatherstripping was?
Which piece?
Does anyone have a link to this?

I never knew Seth but found in various location on IH8MUD that Cabe had taken over his stock. The pieces Cabe has are the upper tailgate run and the rear cargo windows. Every piece of rubber on my pig was either missing or shot so I bought all three pieces from Cabe. Definitely good stuff. I can be extremely picky and I can't find any fault with the stuff. Too bad some of the other repo stuff available isn't that high of quality. In fact some of it stinks.

LAND CRUISER

Just to be clear, I'm not associated with Cabe in any way. We need to support the people who put out good quality repo stuff or we end up with junk repo or nothing at all.

We need to support the people who put out good quality repo stuff or we end up with junk repo or nothing at all.

Completely, wholeheartedly agree. As parts get more rare for these things (even finding them on MUD is a goose chase) it is important that we give proper kudos when due.

Thanks for the link in your post. What am I doing wrong in my signature?

Cruiser parts and SloCruisers...I just pulled the trigger this week lol
Does anyone know who is sell the rear cargo windows and tailgate anymore?

That 1/4" is for cut glass and is a tad bigger than stock Toyota, I found out the windows had a hard time rolling up with the tighter weather stripping. The cargo glass went in alright though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom