Tailgate weatherstripping???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PVCruiser said:
The WS I offer will fit both late and early model '55's. Toyota changed the design, but I don't have pics to show you the difference. The changes are around the area where the top edges of the tailgate come in contact with the bottom portions of the WS I offer. Shoot me an email at seth@pvcruisers.com and I will send you a photo-chopped pic to highlight the area in question.

I'll offer you this grantee. If my WS doesn't fit and function on your FJ-55, you can return it and I will reimburse you for the amount you spent. How's that sound? ( And I truly mean it) We are neurotic about making quality stuff. Otherwise, why make it?

:beer:

Seth

Don't worry, I wasn't questioning the absolute fit/functioning, otherwise there probably would have been a stronger warning in the product description (including turn-over dates), I was just curious....possibly 'early' being even better than 'late'.
Actually, on the 55-list, I even already defended your project, telling list-members that they shouldn't drag their feet, waiting for feedback from others, and playing it safe....if manufacturers stick their neck out, customers should show some bravery too....;))
No guts, no glory....why not write the first feedback yourself....:))

PS: please send pix to w.j.markerink@a1.nl, never seen this detail/difference mentioned before, thanx!

PPS: would only a dozen of tailgate-versions left in Europe warrant a distributor over here?....;))
(largest market was Germany, which got ambulance-doors exclusively; only France/Belgium/Netherlands/UK got tailgates, but each no more than a dozen or so)

The sheetmetal on the body did not change. What changed was the shape of the rubber at the bottom corners of the upper tailgate weatherstripping. The un-installed example is Seths reproduction made from the early to about 8/'76 style rubber, and the installed version is from the 8/'76 and older style. I am not positive ont he exact month that the design changed but its about mid 1976.
newFJ55rubber.JPG
oldFJ55rubberdesign.JPG

I installed my TG weatherstrip this weekend - it looks great.

Thanks Seth for the top-quality product.

Hi Heath-

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry it took so long to ship. The Cargo WS is just as good if you ever need it.

Seth

The main reason I stopped doing resto's on 55's was lack of W/S. I own two 55's myself. count me in bigtime!!!

PVCruiser said:
Hi Heath-

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry it took so long to ship. The Cargo WS is just as good if you ever need it.

Seth

Seth - Actually, I got the cargo as well at the same time and installed it the other day. Perfect! A little more work and my truck will look like it rolled off the factory floor.......

HeathRJ said:
Max - I ordered a piece of WS from JC Whitney that should work in that place. My pig is at the body shop for the next few months, so I have not had a chance to put it on yet. Looks almost exactly like the original profile (or at least what was left of mine).

Part #ZX819752R
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J5542227B

:cheers:
Heath,

How did this stuff work? Was it the proper size? Did it funtion well?

THanks,

How about front windshield rubber?? Anyone selling or know what will work. The original looks like the cargo window rubber.

usmcruiser said:
Heath,

How did this stuff work? Was it the proper size? Did it funtion well?

THanks,

Nick - It worked well. It does not wrap around the edge of the tailgate like the original did, but I am pleased. Just posted a WS guide that should help. Let me know if you want more detail.

heath

Where did PV Cruisers go??? I just tried to pull up their website - nothing! |||EDIT||| I guess my browser was not working that day - works fine now |||END EDIT|||

Last edited:
Seth you out there? You need to call me.

Umm, OK, Marshall. What aren't you telling the rest of us? Did you find an inexpensive option for piggy tailgate weatherstripping from all your internet searches- say from OZ?! Hee, hee. :)

No. I bought one from Seth 4 weeks ago and still have not gotten it. Talked with him a week ago and he said it would go out in a couple days. Left v-mail and e-mail messages but no response. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom