Sway Bar End Link Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for advice. After lifting the 120, I've noticed my end links are stretched quite a bit, pretty much ejecting all of it's worn rubber out of the round end. This is a daily driver, so I would like to keep at least the rear sways on and I'm really not a strict wheeler. Mostly dirt road overlanding stuff to campsites.

I see Skyjacker makes an extended end link for the rear. Is there a similar item for the front? There is also an adjustable one out there, but I'm not looking to spend $200 on just a pair. Someone on GXOR mentioned using 4Runner extended links for the front but didn't have the part number.

Also a more basic question: is it worth it to run the fronts?

I think the only extended front links are either through All-Pro or WabFab and I believe one of the forum members on T4R still makes some (MStudT is his username). All those options are at least $150, though. You may be able to make your own if you have some fabrication skills.

Wow fantastic reply. I think you've summed all the options I've read over the last few days.

Going through the comments on GXOR, I'm not sure I want to spend to upgrade at this point. I think I'll do the rears for the time being and maybe re do the fronts with stock links when it starts to make a noise. :beer:

Was under the GX this weekend and noticed that one of my Sway bar links was bent so good reason to upgrade. Couldn't believe that Metal Tech, ICON and Total Chaos didn't have any options in this department. So I found this thread and WabFab is on hiatus so it looks like my only option is All-Pro or finding this home builder on T4R

Moog makes a replacement as well as Dobinson. Mike Studts are well built and are disconnecting. That’s what I’ve run on the front of my FJ and now GX for more than 2 years.

I use my GX like you described and I come from a performance car background so I'm sensitive to handling and I can say the rear sway bar isn't worth keeping.

I started looking into building disconnects for it and took it for a drive while it was off. I never looked back. I kept it just incase but it's been off for thousands of miles now and I don't feel like the vehicle's on road manners are suffering because of it.

Cant wait to get around to doing mine, those look beefy!

I'm looking for advice. After lifting the 120, I've noticed my end links are stretched quite a bit, pretty much ejecting all of it's worn rubber out of the round end. This is a daily driver, so I would like to keep at least the rear sways on and I'm really not a strict wheeler. Mostly dirt road overlanding stuff to campsites.

I see Skyjacker makes an extended end link for the rear. Is there a similar item for the front? There is also an adjustable one out there, but I'm not looking to spend $200 on just a pair. Someone on GXOR mentioned using 4Runner extended links for the front but didn't have the part number.

Also a more basic question: is it worth it to run the fronts?

How much lift did you have? I lifted mine 2+ inches and didn't notice any issue with the sway bars. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

How much lift did you have? I lifted mine 2+ inches and didn't notice any issue with the sway bars. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Kind of the same opinion here. This is the first I have read of a end link issue with a lift.

Someone just posted recently that they used these Proforged sway bar end links on their gx470. Can’t find that post. And wondering if these proforged at $25/ea are beefier than the moog at $13/ea.

Proforged 113-10144 Rear Sway Bar End Link Amazon product ASIN B0096O8VSY
Moog K80380 Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Amazon product ASIN B001CA4G5M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom