Storage Drawers and Other Storage Systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To add a little more real-world feedback to the bearing drawer sliders, for those who might be on the fence...

We have a newer Peterbuilt fuel truck built by Interstate Truck Bodies in Phoenix. The package included integrated toolbox drawers in a cabinet that feature bearing sliders.
The truck basically lives on dirt roads in our plant and quarry, which equals severe environment - continuous dust and mud, plus oil, grease, grime... the works. The slides perform flawlessly, and have not been removed for cleaning in its 5 years of duty.

7F7F55A9-71FD-4FF8-ACCA-818BCAFF12A0.jpeg

F425E9B1-54A9-4522-B13F-7235EDD8310A.jpeg

I Don't really want to derail this drawer topic. I have had arb drawers in multiple cruisers. You can really get organized for trips. After all the yrs of diff. Set ups fridges, hot water showers, stoves, chain saws etc etc. The truck becomes very heavy, clanking and rattles and cramped. Thats with wife and 2 kiddos. I finally just built an offroad trailer, I can hook up to any cruiser and roll out. Pics are worth a thousand words. Lol Mike hijack over!
3c5101852069c863175c48eafd57137e.jpg
Moab Climb.JPG

A trailer is a worthy piece of the revolving door. It all depends on what type of trip, number of people, terrain, etc. you're planning on. My ideal setup is transferable RTT and drawers from the 55 to the trailer. I really like having the trailer for hauling comfort stuff which makes the trip much more pleasant for the better half. This is what I like about having the 55 and being a part of the community, so many different ideas and set ups all the while going after the same thing....FUN! :beer:

Last edited:
A trailer is a worthy piece of the revolving door. It all depends on what type of trip, number of people, terrain, etc. you're planning on. My ideal setup is transferable RTT and drawers from the 55 to the trailer. I really like having the trailer for hauling comfort stuff which makes the trip much more pleasant for the better half. This is what I like about having the 55 and being a part of the community, so many different ideas and set ups all the while going after the same thing....FUN! :beer:
I had a Rtt on my 60, that my wife and I took to Utah,Arizona, New Mexico 2 years ago. It was a Alucab and I loved it, we get home and she tells me trip was great, but she did not like climbing up and down latter, especially at night. So We go back to a tent, and last week she says-i really miss our RTT- my response-WTF, now what?

Don,

That's where I'm at right now. 🤷‍♂️ Pretty much like life. How did you like the Alu-cab? I've read they had a problem leaking water in heavy rain, any problems? It's one of two I'm thinking about getting.

Don,

That's where I'm at right now. 🤷‍♂️ Pretty much like life. How did you like the Alu-cab? I've read they had a problem leaking water in heavy rain, any problems? It's one of two I'm thinking about getting.
we had no problems in rain or snow, but it took us awhile to figure out venting, to stop condensation. we added a eggcrate top for mattress, much more comfy-liked being able to leave sleeping bags and pillow inside. Up in less than a minute, about 3-4 down-, I think im going to cry

After I buy the RTT, I'll build the overhead lift.

When the overhead tents come with overhead lifts, I might think about gitn me one, and an overhead head mebi too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom