Storage Drawers and Other Storage Systems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How were you thinking, or maybe, what method were you thinking of using to slide the platform?

Like I said, I hadn't gone too far down the rabbit hole, but something along these lines:

I want 33s for my Arm chair. Need recommendation 😉😎🐷. Me too Ron 😉😎🐷
We should probably let @Broski know we are a bunch of smart a$$es and do appreciate his feedback before he blocks us like the others.

Broski anytime you make it over to Idaho I'd be happy to take you on some of our "easy" trails for a camping trip.

[/Q[/QUOTE]
We should probably let @Broski know we are a bunch of smart a$$es and do appreciate his feedback before he blocks us like the others.

Broski anytime you make it over to Idaho I'd be happy to take you on some of our "easy" trails for a camping trip.
It's all good I have thick skin. And would like to take you up on the offer.

Some picture of the last run, Plan was 5 days 4 nites. got cut short by the Creek Fire.
1600728819137.png

View attachment 2442281
1600729000617.png

1600729486758.png

Last edited:
Some picture of the last run,

Looks like a fun trip!

These are my actual over landing cars without a drawer system like these guys are talking about building for their over landing cars.
pigs.jpg

Thanks for being a good sport on the internet, Bob and I have been black listed for being armchair internet pricks on more than one occasion.

Other materials to consider,
- deck material: hollow core birch 1 3/8" doors come in many widths, cut to length easily and easy to cap the end if needed. A 3/4" sheet (4'x8') of ply is 75 lbs. The equivalent amount of surface area using hollow core doors is half that. And hollow core doors don't flex under weight. Birch holds varnish better then Masonite. My bed platform is 6' long and only supported an each end.

For me: in order of design importance;
1- the cook box (or drawer) in conjunction with the refer (cooler). They are by far the most used and frequently accessed components (other then the steering wheel). Accessing food and drink happens a min of 3 times a day (drink probably more🍻) Quick and easy access(set up), and pack up.

2- accommodations whether interior or exterior is the next consideration. Easy access and set up

This cook box has a 1 burner stove in it

3- now the rubex cube puzzle:

Cook box with 1 burner stove in side
Kitchen.jpg
Storage.jpg
Compressor.jpg
Second single burner solar controller panel on cargo wall.jpg

Second 18.000 btu 1 burner stove, solar controllers on cargo panel

2nd view storage.jpg
Primary essentials.jpg
Couple more photos

2nd view of storage

Primary essential cases

And Bob, hope these picture offset my long winded speeches:worms:

The same thing in the back of my mind as Jmack: I can empty what you see here in 10 minutes stored on shelving in the garage

Hope this inspires

Roof rack carries the 2 awnings, 11 gal anti slosh water supply with 10' hose, 4 gal gas: got me through Magruder corridor, 2 pairs of sand and snow tracks, toilet and waste storage, axe, shovel, and highlift all under 6" tall.

Rack.jpg

That’s a nice setup Gordon

47 years of experimentation. My first pig in the 70's I removed the back seat complete, I platformed the width of the tail gate 6 or 8 inches high front to back (green shag carpet for shagging, sorry Bob no pictures) and had a long wood drawer 3/4 of the width that just slid in the pigs floor, cleats on the bottom of the drawer kept the drawer sliding straight, and a longer void the last 1/4. So stupidly simple its boggling. Every sq in was accessible. No recover gear, no compressors, a shovel for the crap hole. I did have a heavy chain wrapped around my front bicycle deflector that I used to attach a wheelbarrow.

It too was my work truck. I used to put a canvas tarp inside fill it full of sand (via shovel) and or brick. And on the weekends head to the dessert for somne shagging.

KEEP IT SIMPLE

I watched a utube video of a trailer some guy designed for production that had a tent that the ribs inflated. On board compressor, electronic circuits monitoring pressure, shutting valves on and off, unfolding it adjusting it. And then he added an auxiliary room by hooking up more hoses more zippers (not for shagging).
There countless buckles, hydraulic pistons and countless doors the mechanics. Holy moly, you would have had to take countless training seminars, because if you took on wrong turn you'd have to start all over or the thing would pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom