Stay at Home: What are you doing to make the best of this time? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
I hope we all come out of this with no members contracting COVID19.

I've been trying to take advantage of every minute of this forced separation by paring down on unnecessary items in our house, teaching our kids (with questionable results) and getting some much needed overdue jobs done on our fleet of vehicles.
How about you?
Oh, and of you are going crazy or are feeling overwhelmed because of this forced isolation and need an outlet or someone to connect with, send me a PM or email me (stumpfj40@outlook.com). I got nothing but time these days.

Stay safe!
Cheers,
Stump

I've doubled my productivity lately...started using a second Battery Tender on the fleet.

Been reorganizing/condensing my basement storage area, trying to bring order to my tools, and going through stuff for donation. Also resurrected my lawnmower after a two year slumber so we could mulch leaves instead of bagging them since yard waste & bulky item pickup has been halted by the county.

I've also spent a lot of my outdoors time trying to avoid the wasps that are constantly scouting my vehicles for nest sites. I actually found one buzzing around INSIDE an 80 headlight the other day. I'm also on vigilant patrol for birds trying to build nests in the vehicles. Inside the PS bumper vent of Sarah's 450, on top of the winch control box, is a regular favorite as is between the license plate and rear door of the 40. And speaking of creatures, there's a squirrel who has just recently decided to store nuts on top of the engine in my 40. WTF???

Still working my day job with govt. (Essential employee) and also mowing 47 lawns every week after working my day job. Crazy busy right now 7 days a week. I see my wife and dog for an hour a day maybe if I'm lucky. Wish I had some free time and a 40 that I could drive. Currently waiting on Ryan to have an open slot to fix my junk.

Also still working. But reduced to 32 hours a week. :mad: But I’m thankful to still be getting paid.
Trying to limit my exposure.
I cleaned 2 trash bags out of my garage. and getting rid of a lot of hordes crap.
Waiting on Navy Fed to get the paperwork they skewed up back from the government to close on the new house. Which is very stressful. Then throw this COVID into the mix and it sucks.

Taking Harvard Business School classes and doing a crap ton of reading. My day job has me teleworking but that is rather slow as well.

Working from home most days--commuting (bike) into DC one day a week for office-only stuff. But squeezing projects in--reinstalled my rear tow bar after giving up on more exotic towing solutions, installed a Raingler cargo net, about to give the LC its semi-annual wash/wax, and probably going to put new rear wheel brake flex hoses on soon.

Does anyone think the "taking fresh air" exemption of the stay-at-home order could be interpreted to mean it's OK to take the family out to the Blue Ridge for some light trail running?? I still have scheduled vacation next week, but Assateague campgrounds are closed, so wondering whether I should just cancel it or do some day-trips that would involve no human contact. . .

Working from home most days--commuting (bike) into DC one day a week for office-only stuff. But squeezing projects in--reinstalled my rear tow bar after giving up on more exotic towing solutions, installed a Raingler cargo net, about to give the LC its semi-annual wash/wax, and probably going to put new rear wheel brake flex hoses on soon.

Does anyone think the "taking fresh air" exemption of the stay-at-home order could be interpreted to mean it's OK to take the family out to the Blue Ridge for some light trail running?? I still have scheduled vacation next week, but Assateague campgrounds are closed, so wondering whether I should just cancel it or do some day-trips that would involve no human contact. . .
We’re probably going to do a little bit of skyline drive this afternoon, I figure we are in the car so still safeish

Business as usual down here for me. Actually more busy. Since most places have closed I have started to save money by taking my lunch and loosing weight. Win Win. Weekends have slowed down since we don't have kid activities. I have a bunch of stuff lined up but I'm essential to all of our customers so it doesn't look like I will get any time at home. I have one really cool project that I have started but its very time consuming. I will post up progress once I start.
I have been able to teach Carter how to run our backhoe by himself so hopefully he can start doing projects while I'm not home. They are getting used to the life at home. Thankfully we have a few acres for them to go crazy on and don't have to rely on local playgrounds.

I'm "teleworking" half the time and going into the office half the time. Tomorrow I start back on night shift. My brother and his wife are moving in this weekend. I've accomplished a couple things with the Cruiser, but nothing big, just the lights and brackets I posted about last week.

I'm getting my hi-fi system set up. I've got a pair of Linn Keilidh speakers with a Linn Majik I integrated amp. My LK140 amp should be here today to give it more punch. This can be just as addictive (and expensive) as the Land Cruiser lifestyle.

I'm teleworking, teaching the kids (SWMBO and I are splitting the work on this one) Teachers need to get paid A LOT MORE...

Haven't been able to work on the trucks. :confused: still too cold for me. :)

We’re probably going to do a little bit of skyline drive this afternoon, I figure we are in the car so still safeish
I was thinking about that... But aren't we in lock down?

It was really nice Sunday and Monday. I disassembled the trampoline that came with my house and gave it to a coworker.
Today is freaking nice too... But to cold. haha

Evidently we can still go outside so long as we keep 6ft apart. It is a rather laxidasical (sp?) lock down really..

If you read the lockdown, you can still go to parks, trails, whatever it is, so long as you practice social distancing and don't congregate in big groups. It's not really a lockdown.. Just ruins things for the local businesses is all it really does.

I found it pretty entertaining when I read into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom