Speaker Ideas Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just Purchased My 1st Fj It Is A 1979. Currently It Is In The Shop Being Restored. Was Wondering If Anyone Had Any Ideas For Mounting Speakers (brands, Web Sites To Check Out) Also Would Appreciate Any Photos With Stereo And Speaker Solutions, Thanks

many people mount them to the factor roll bar, some have used enclosed speakers because they can be mounted just about anywhere. some mount on wheel wells.

ps welcome to mud and.........

take the caps lock off (thats what we have full m3tal for!)

Welcome.

Crazy little Search function....

Amazing.

Happy reading.

Good luck!

-Steve

Here's mine, they're just not quite loud enough anymore though. :frown: I may just be going deaf though. ;p

I definitely need some up front as well.

attachment.php

Being around turbine engines have anything to do with that bud? ;)

Another thumbs up on indoor/outdoor speakers, especially on a soft top rig. Some receivers/headunits have issues with the ohm load though, as they are made for home stereo's 8 ohm vs. 4 ohm if memory serves correct. If cost is an issue look on e-bay. Also "marine"(boat) stuff isn't a bad decision either. Head unit, speakers, amps, and CD changers are all available. Again for that route search e-bay.

I used to run these Pioneer truck boxes a long time ago. They sounded great and you could still use the jumpseats with them there.
seat3.jpg

green73 said:
Another thumbs up on indoor/outdoor speakers, especially on a soft top rig. Some receivers/headunits have issues with the ohm load though, as they are made for home stereo's 8 ohm vs. 4 ohm if memory serves correct. If cost is an issue look on e-bay. Also "marine"(boat) stuff isn't a bad decision either. Head unit, speakers, amps, and CD changers are all available. Again for that route search e-bay.
You can get impedance matching transformers at Radio shack cheap.

i just got those heep pods that go to the rollbar and set it up that way! good luck!

speaker

Mine.. mounted to roll-bar with 2" conduit straps on back side.. works.
SD801012.JPG

Sony EXPLODE 10" speakers bolted to fender wall mounted in inexpensive outdoor speaker boxes to look ugly and dissuade casual thiefs. great power and sound given I use no top and it is nosiy, you need power. I run all the cable in nice clean slipt loom.

speaker.jpg

BUT, I realy love this idea

020solo-closed-a.jpg

you can bolt to cruiser at fender wall, lock them as they have internal storage area, speakers mounted inside are protected, and act as arm rests as well for rear bech seat.

Once I get a camera I'll throw up a pic of it, but I built a speaker box that is an entire car stereo system. It has the head unit, pair of 6x9 4-way speakers, and a pair of 5 1/4" 3-ways, plus switches to turn it on (like ignition and a complete kill switch), and a power inverter to use it in my room at college, as well as being able to run off of a cigarette lighter socket, a special plug I installed in my Land Cruiser, and battery clamps if a car battery hookup is necessary. Oh, and if those aren't available it is powered by a car alarm battery, all hooked up to a voltmeter and fused. I've got the plans if anyone wants them, but it is essentially a box that I can throw in the back for driving around, or haul up to my room for use with projectors, computer speakers, and it's part of the sound system for our fraternity parties. It's 23 3/4" wide x 17 1/4" high x 11 1/4" deep, has carrying handles, covered in carpet, 200 watts...

Last edited:
i'll get a pic of my speaker mounts tonight. in the rear i've got a parcel shelf with 6x9's in it... i hate 6x9's personally... it was a PO mod

in the front i've got some 5 inch 3 ways (pioneer) that sounds great. their mounted in the dash next to the door,

head unit is in the factory dash hole (enlargened). as you can tell i don't give a rats about keeping it factory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom