Spare fuel bladders in the doors? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't appreciate how you assume all of these well thought out ideas are sarcasm.
OK fair enough, but obviously gullwing doors aren't appropriate since most of us have a moon roof. I don't think getting rid of the moon roof is practical, so I assumed that was a joke.

Oh let me pop into the fuel bladder thread to see if there are any new ideas.

agWgL39.gif

OK fair enough, but obviously gullwing doors aren't appropriate since most of us have a moon roof. I don't think getting rid of the moon roof is practical, so I assumed that was a joke.
You assumed wrong. The gullwing is actually for the moonroof itself as a replacement for the glass assembly. This way you can still open it if necessary and it doesn't have to slide backward to open leaving additional space for fuel in the slot behind it as I said.

Sorry, not a joke. Simply an oversight. My DD doesn't have a moonroof, so I forgot about that.

That's not to say if one had a Poverty Pack, or went ahead and reinforced the dismal roof structure/pillars it couldn't be done.

flying-Jet-Car.jpg

I don't appreciate how all of you think this is some sort of joke.

It’s unfortunate that this has turned into what it has. Maybe start a new thread or ask the mods to remove the derailing comments? I was going to add some constructive dialogue about the practicality of a rear end cargo area fuel bladder that could dual purpose as a mattress kind of like a waterbed, it’s right above the fuel tank, so solves a lot of issues with routing fuel lines, but I don’t think it could be discussed pragmatically.

Last edited:
It’s unfortunate that this has turned into what it has. Maybe start a new thread or ask the mods to remove the derailing comments? I was going to add some constructive dialogue about the practicality of a rear end fuel bladder that could dual purpose as a mattress kind of like a waterbed, it’s right above the fuel tank, so solves a lot of issues with routing fuel lines, but I don’t think it could be discussed pragmatically.
That seems like another good opportunity for a diesel fuel heater mod to heat the gasoline. Heated water bed! 🙉⚡🔥

That seems like another good opportunity for a diesel fuel heater mod to heat the gasoline. Heated water bed! 🙉⚡🔥

It makes no sense to do an engine swap and all the associated modification when range can easily be extended by the the OP’s original idea or a variant of it.

This is a stupid idea, didn't even use zip ties to close the bags:bang:
At least she used two bags though, just to be extra safe...

Jeez, a ‘adventure joose’ post from da @nukegoat got ~10+ pgs - fawking awesome 😎

I like the idea like sidesaddle bags packed with nitroglycerin- but hey, we all do what we do.

Carry on.

Jeez using the door places to replicate aircraft style fuel tanks - FFS petrol fuel is dangerous and storing it inside the door spaces is 100x more dangerous especially in a collision.

Speaking of bags, the air bags in the dash have very large fuel holding capacity and are made of strong materials. They are also close to the engine so it should be pretty easy to plumb them in as aux tanks along with the door bladders. For those that want to save some time and $ the in-dash bags may be a lower cost option as well, at least for the later 80s that already have them installed.

The obvious solution here is to fill your tires with spare fuel. You could probably get 30 gallons if you include the spare.
I also believe by removing the valve core and some rubber hose you could use the centrifugal force while driving to pump the fuel into your main tank.

The obvious solution here is to fill your tires with spare fuel. You could probably get 30 gallons if you include the spare.
Big, though, for added capacity/range. Like this, minimum. With two spares and a tank on the roof for gravity feed...

9b57faa0109cc85664600df13ad3066b.jpg

I also believe by removing the valve core and some rubber hose you could use the centrifugal force while driving to pump the fuel into your main tank.

Replace the valve core with a spark plug. Mileage is gonna be off the chart if you remove the inefficiency of pumping fuel through that pesky engine thingamabob, and just go straight to combustion where the rubber meets the road :meh:

@Indestructible 47 new product idea for you, so much easier than putting the truck on the hoist and fitting a long range tank...

You could cut a filler cap into your bullbar and fill it full of petrol. Bonus if you got side rails, might get an extra few litres. That mod alone could give you an extra total of about 15l.

If every drop of fuel counts you could probably remove the hydraulic fluid from your jack and fill it full of diesel.

If your not using your rear windscreen wiper, then the washer fluid reservoir in the back is just begging for a few litres of petrol.

Combine the bullbar mod (+ side rails) with the door bladder mods, a roof rack mounted 400 litre fuel cell, a few litres in each tire, the washer fluid bag, the extra 150ml in the jack, a glove box and center console bladder, you could really increase the range of the Landcruiser.

Maybe even a few drink bottles full of fuel in the cup holders are an option if you dont like water. Plumbing all this in together with an aircraft style array of toggle switches and pumps would be icing to the cake.

The sky is the limit, can't believe Toyota never gave us the option from factory. Gazoo Racing Sahara xtra fuel + VX Car Bomb White Lightning edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom