Spare fuel bladders in the doors? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes the vase idea is great but remember we need a gyro base for the vase so that when you off road the flowers and water are not soon separated.
Way ahead of you. The stabilization will be handled by a redundant inertial navigation unit. The associated barometric sending unit and magnetometers will likely be housed in a box on the hood.
The good news is that we can also use the INU for navigation and providing alignment data to the onboard hellfire missile.

Lambo doors. Lambo doors!!

An all wood/plant based trailer with a small fuel bladder you could detach for the hard wheeling, then use said trailer for your campfires when the fuel bladder is empty (trailer tires and wheels are your vehicle spares, or used in a sort of "Viking funeral" offering to the off-road gods.

Lambo doors. Lambo doors!!

An all wood/plant based trailer with a small fuel bladder you could detach for the hard wheeling, then use said trailer for your campfires when the fuel bladder is empty (trailer tires and wheels are your vehicle spares, or used in a sort of "Viking funeral" offering to the off-road gods.

Come on, a wooden trailer wooden work!!

This is why you should leave engineering to the engineering people. Gasoline is a liquid. Liquids are incompressible (almost, anyway. I don't want to get into the physics of it, but basically we can treat them as infinitely incompressible.) The fluid would actually distribute the force of impact along the A and B pillars perfectly, and the elasticity of the bladder would provide sort of a "shock absorber" in case of impact. You may actually get away from being T-boned with just some paint scratches.

you could even use the sunroof drains as relief valves for the pillars :hillbilly:

Way ahead of you. The stabilization will be handled by a redundant inertial navigation unit. The associated barometric sending unit and magnetometers will likely be housed in a box on the hood.
The good news is that we can also use the INU for navigation and providing alignment data to the onboard hellfire missile.
I'm ole skool, VOR, ADF and Loran C for Nav purposes, but I am sure we can put this in the cloud somewhere. However I do love your insight on this project..

I have some thoughts on the style of your dash mount vases, I think just a classic style would be most popular...
68ABB1D7-FFB1-4607-A682-421750DE5915.jpeg

I was told by the Lexus dealer used car salesman, where my LX450 came from, that my vehicle had been owned by the son of a Nigerian General. Just a Fun Fact.
Were the door cavities filled with cash?

you could even use the sunroof drains as relief valves for the pillars :hillbilly:

So much tech....

You guys are too harsh!
  • We are talking about putting gas in the doors…
  • Our OEM door vapor barriers are made of plastic…
  • She is putting gas in plastic bags…
Is there an issue here? I don’t see one… :rofl:

You guys are too harsh!
  • We are talking about putting gas in the doors…
  • Our OEM door vapor barriers are made of plastic…
  • She is putting gas in plastic bags…
Is there an issue here? I don’t see one… :rofl:

I am just saying, as usual goat is a day late and dollar short :meh:

-I'm almost done with my Lambo doors conversion. I've made a mental note to make the counterbalance system adjustable. I don't want to exclude those of you running fuel bladders from my potential customer base.

I recommend gull wing doors over Lambo doors. Gull wings can generate lift and enable flight, and many airplanes safely store fuel in their wings (doors in this case). This would also alleviate the need for ejection seats, as one could just slide out and drop to safety.

Joe Rogan and I found this very handy while we were using his 80 to rescue orphans in Pripyat during the Chernobyl disaster.

Thunderhawk.png

Rather than taking up valuable ground clearance, has anyone stored bags of fuel in the doors? If the bags were airtight, they could expand and collapse on their own to accommodate the extra fuel from the gas tank.

I think some of your quips are quite funny, but this is one of the best!

regards

Dave

I don't appreciate how all of you think this is some sort of joke.

Er...ever so sorry from all of us, I am sure it was not intended to offend. ;)

regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom