So what kind of tires are you guys running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the 33x10.50 at bfgs will fit what you have, no problem.
you will need to adjust air pressure however to get them to wear even as the wheels are just a tad narrow for the tire width.
i have the tires on almost the same wheel(the earlier painted steel wagon vs chromed), no issues.
see post #32 in my 60 thread linked below.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 32x11.5. So far I really like them - seem pretty quiet (I was running BFGs AT 31x10.5)

i have run stock size BFG AT but prefer the BFG KM2 with the slight suspension lift (2.5+ inches) for overall feel and look. I buy 5 and rotate all five tires every 4k miles.

On my UZJ100 I had 5 Nitto Trail Grapplers and they still have tread at nearly 70k miles. :) Proper pressure and rotation goes a LONG WAY.

General Grabber AT2. 31x10.5

I've put 5000 miles on these, almost all highway. They've worn exceptionally well so far, comfortable ride, pretty quiet and great handling wet/dry. I haven't taken them off road much, but when I have it's been through rocky, two track dirt trails. Not Moab level but still pretty gnarly in some areas. I've been impressed with the grip and handling. For the money definitely one of the better AT's out there IMO. I am a little nervous about having only a 2 ply sidewall...but trade-offs.

I've had old syle BFG AT K/O's and felt they were ok. Not any better then my current General's. Also had a set of Goodyear DuraTrac's on a previous 4Runner. I loved them and thought they wore and rode great for how aggressive the design is until they wore to a certain point, but then they seemed to unravel pretty quickly with cupping and such, not to mention they were rather spendy.

34x10.5R15 with only 2" bodylift, Millner offroad leaf springs. Nissan Patrol 160 steel rims, 1" wheel spacers.

35" Toyo Open Country Mt's

bfg AT 33x10.5x15
10895.jpeg
10901.jpeg

2/3s of the way thru my second(on this rig) set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 31/10.50/15. great tire, great wear. other than maybe going to a 235/85/16, prolly stick to this brand and type. if it ain't broke...

I am running Cooper ST/Maxx 33x12.5r15.
They are a 3ply sidewall and load range C so not a huge heavy tire, but tough. I picked Coopers simply because of past experience with them.
On off road they are great (kind of a hybrid).

33x12.5 Falkens AT. Stock suspension but have a 2” lift kit coming.
92A3C668-FE5F-48EB-8969-5BAC91245746.jpeg
CB027515-3871-47BA-924E-88573FBFFB9E.jpeg

i am sur web this has been mentioned in here already but Falken Wild Peak is what I am running on 2 of my trucks! Great tire!

bfg ko2 all terrain 33 10.5 15 on oem rims writing on the outside, looks period correct, no rub, sits at 2200 rpm at 100-110kmph, quiet, 12.5 inch will make your steering box work harder, 12.5s are wide dunno why people do them pics if ya want

Last edited:
'86 FJ60 with 3FE, H55f, 4.11 differentials. Couldn't be happier. Tall, skinny tires work best for me - on both snow and ice and on slickrock sandstone.

33x12.5 Falkens AT. Stock suspension but have a 2” lift kit coming.
View attachment 2329841

I'm thinking of getting these in 33" for my stock 15" 60 rims. They would go on an 80 axle transplant. I was considering the BFG AT KO2's but I hear they aren't very good in the rain and it rains here a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom