Show me your racks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

beachcruisindemo.jpg

Is this custom?

My plan is to add a basket at some point but only keep it on when needed. I just keep the cross bars on for now, got them off a buddy that made them for his RTT. Some places are tight around here so I don't want to get hung up on branches, etc... And it barely fits in the garage now, can't go much higher.

Cross Bars.jpg
Tight Clearance.jpg

It’s a Slee rear bumper and comes with the tire carrier. The gas can basket is an option. Love the bumper so much I recently installed one on my LX too.😃View attachment 2615650
Unfortunately Slee is sold out of them, but said to restock in April. Hopefully I can grab one during that time. Looks great.

Nice, he makes a nice piece of kit. I’d like to think I inspired that rack slightly with my use of those latches and full length rails, but it would be arrogant to take any credit for his design and engineering put into it.

My plan is to add a basket at some point but only keep it on when needed. I just keep the cross bars on for now, got them off a buddy that made them for his RTT. Some places are tight around here so I don't want to get hung up on branches, etc... And it barely fits in the garage now, can't go much higher.

View attachment 2615872View attachment 2615873
Nice. And bad ass second pic

Got any details on that? I ordered the same one awhile back. Was going to weld aluminum plate to reinforce where the mounts go. Got tired of having a steel rack in Hawaii’s weather.
I'll take some pictures of details I've added. I think total cost was $400. Oddly enough, the aluminum looks great but the gamiviti powdercoat started failing a few years back. I need to dissemble the mounts and repaint them.

Steps involved:
I cut off the hinges and feet of the ATV ramp to make two "ladders". I bolted the ladders together with stainless hardware and nylocs to make a frame. I added extensions on the front and rear bent up by hand and finally installed strips that run front the front to the back. Everything is riveted together and is surprisingly strong. I would guess the rack weighs 30 to 40 lbs but is incredibly awkward for one person to handle (I've tried).

I'll take some pictures of details I've added. I think total cost was $400. Oddly enough, the aluminum looks great but the gamiviti powdercoat started failing a few years back. I need to dissemble the mounts and repaint them.

Steps involved:
I cut off the hinges and feet of the ATV ramp to make two "ladders". I bolted the ladders together with stainless hardware and nylocs to make a frame. I added extensions on the front and rear bent up by hand and finally installed strips that run front the front to the back. Everything is riveted together and is surprisingly strong. I would guess the rack weighs 30 to 40 lbs but is incredibly awkward for one person to handle (I've tried).
Thank you. I was surprised how light the ramp is. Then I felt how heavy the 6 pieces of 1/4” aluminum plates I was gonna add too the area where the feet mount. It might not be necessary now after seeing yours. Did you sleeve the bolt holes from the rack to the feet? My friend did something similar years back. I should have gone that route and just used the diamondrax feet instead of buying the low profile rack too.

Hi folks.

I was about to get a Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform for my 80 Series, but then found out that it's off-road dynamic load rating is only 30kg (after the weight of roof rack itself is taken into account). Which means, it can only carry my Rhino Rack Batwing Awning with it - let alone my 160w fixed solar panel, Maxtrax and a RTT which weighs about 67kg,

So started looking for other rack system. High on the list is the Front Runner rack. But then saw the Bowfin Cruisers and really liked it's aesthetics. It really compliments the 80. But I cannot find any load rating specs on their website.

Does anyone know what the Bowfin Cruiser's load ratings are? Does it have a separate on and off road load rating?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you. I was surprised how light the ramp is. Then I felt how heavy the 6 pieces of 1/4” aluminum plates I was gonna add too the area where the feet mount. It might not be necessary now after seeing yours. Did you sleeve the bolt holes from the rack to the feet? My friend did something similar years back. I should have gone that route and just used the diamondrax feet instead of buying the low profile rack too.
1616373649114.png

1616373667065.png

1616373686135.png

1616373705993.png

1616373724190.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom