Show me your racks (1 Viewer)

I've got a Gobi Stealth rack. We've used the RTT and AluCab awning about 150 nights in the last 2 years and I couldn't be happier with it. IMO the rack looks cooler without the tent and awning, and for the rare summer night when the tent is NOT on the Cruiser, dropping all the windows and opening the sunroof is just awesome.

I'm not exactly sure the roof load rating, but we've spent subzero nights with two adults (320 lbs. combined) and 100 lbs. worth of dogs, plus 120 lbs. of tent and it's never given us any problem at all.

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

I've got a Gobi Stealth rack. We've used the RTT and AluCab awning about 150 nights in the last 2 years and I couldn't be happier with it. IMO the rack looks cooler without the tent and awning, and for the rare summer night when the tent is NOT on the Cruiser, dropping all the windows and opening the sunroof is just awesome.

I'm not exactly sure the roof load rating, but we've spent subzero nights with two adults (320 lbs. combined) and 100 lbs. worth of dogs, plus 120 lbs. of tent and it's never given us any problem at all.

View attachment 2643367

View attachment 2643394
150 nights! 😳 That’s awesome. Looks like more than 100# of dogs. How to they get up there?

150 nights! 😳 That’s awesome. Looks like more than 100# of dogs. How to they get up there?
Manually, unfortunately. I open the rear tailgate, stand on it and do an overhead husky press as my wife grabs them from inside the tent. Not super easy or safe but they're relatively calm and trusting. When it's not -10F, they sleep in the back seat, which is better for everybody.

ARB Alloy Flat Rack.

It started out just carrying my awning. But it now frequently carries the following:

- Rhino Rack Batwing 270º Awning
- 1x 160w Fixed Solar Panel
- 1x 40" Slimline LED Bar (front facing)
- 2x 4" LED Bars (rear facing)
- 1x Pair of Matrax
- 1x Long Handle Shovel

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_2958.png

IMG_20190915_222525_228.png

IMG_3062.png

Any of you that did a Rackectomy of the stock rack have any issues with leakage after plugging the holes? A little silicon and bolts sounds easy enough but it's wet af in the PNW and the last thing I want is a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom