Show me your racks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not the best pic, but here is a rack I just built. 6 Gamviti rain gutter mounts bolted to 80/20 10 series 2" crossbars (50" across, same as Prinsu), tied together with 2" aluminum plate for the sides. It's pretty solid for a DIY bolt together rack, but was a pain to build. My buddy says it looks like a bed frame. :rofl:

rack.jpg
crushanza1m.jpg

Last edited:
This rack came with my rig and I am very impressed. I have only seen a couple other 80's with these racks. The brand is INTI and someone told me they were made in Venezuela so now they are not importable.

I think a guy could make a copy by modifying a bowfin or prinsu type rack.

20201223_140400.jpg

20201011_134151.jpg

It might not be the best rack for a roof mounted tent but I love it for carrying my springbar tent and other gear for extended camping/hunting trips.

Currently debating as to whether or not I should get a roof rack for my cruiser. Personally, I love the slick look of a cruiser without a rack, but I have seem some trucks that look mean as hell with their rack. Kindly asking yall to post a picture of your truck with (or even without) a rack, and possibly the name of the rack you have so I can shop around and see If I like anything.
Don’t get a rack just for looks.

We got the Prinsu in December. Love it, low profile priced right. So far its been fantastic.

Snow machine.jpg

P3.JPG

P4.JPG

Don’t get a rack just for looks.
Haha, don't get a roof top tent just for looks. I think that is the #1 motivating factor for 90% of all roof top tents sold.

Not the best pic, but here is a rack I just built. 6 Gamviti rain gutter mounts bolted to 80/20 10 series 2" crossbars (50" across, same as Prinsu), tied together with 2" aluminum plate for the sides. It's pretty solid for a DIY bolt together rack, but was a pain to build. My buddy says it looks like a bed frame. :rofl:

View attachment 2615367
Very nice! It sorta looks like a bed frame.

>Show me your racks

Well that is a bit presumptuous.

It appears there is only one poster so far ITT who has listened anyway. I'm glad this is still a family site.
Hey, I passed up on at least 10 pics that the weirdos on this site would have said are not family friendly. I think I did pretty good with the posted photo at appeasing those folks on here that have never been to a beach before or are unfamiliar with the fact that people wear swimsuits at said beaches.

Hey, I passed up on at least 10 pics that the weirdos on this site would have said are not family friendly. I think I did pretty good with the posted photo at appeasing those folks on here that have never been to a beach before or are unfamiliar with the fact that people wear swimsuits at said beaches.

Glad to see you posting up in the 80 series forum Aloha Jen.

I hate the haters..... Don't let them bring you down, they are just jealous so they ruin it for everyone. Heck, I am surprised some anti hunter hasn't flagged the rack picture I posted.

I have not forgotten #swimsuitgate2018 or whatever it was. Thank god you've learned that standard beachwear is apparently not permitted on the incredibly serious anti-jeep japanese truck forum.

No one has an ARB rack on their 80?

No one has an ARB rack on their 80?
I think plenty of folks do. Still my favorite, for my needs.

Here are pics of my ‘97 with and w/o a Bowfin Cruisers rack. View attachment 2614686View attachment 2614687I installed a 270 awning on the driver side last week and will install an Eezi Awn Swift awning on the passenger side today when it shows up. Eventually a roof top tent will be mounted as well.

I actually like the look of the stock rack on my LX but want to mount an awning on it too. Haven’t decided what I’ll do yet.
View attachment 2614688
Slick, thanks for posting with/without. What rear bumper is that, and did it come with the tire/jerry can mount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom